Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father & Son’s Live Polk County 2021!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna call it for this morning.

Gilbert had a great hunt. Lots of does and 3 bucks. 1 possible shooter. His phone can’t send me pics so I’ll know if it was when he picks me up. I should have sat with him this morning.

Zero deer for me. Definitely not the norm for this spot. Usually we are covered up here.

We’ll be back at it this evening.

Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Comment

I enjoy watching regardless of the outcome. Thanks for allowing us at work to tag along. Beautiful shooting lanes BTW.

Comment

Keep at it. I'm enjoying the ride while stuck at work. Good luck

Comment

Hsbtgarcia great looking unicorn of a lease. I'm always amazed at the amount of animals I see on your east Texas live hunts.

Comment

Back at it again this evening, kinda.

Gilbert is headed in to a brand new stand we put up right on the river right before season started.
            He is covered up in acorns and corn sprayed on all 3 shooting lanes.
            This will be the first time it’s been hunted this year.

SE wind is blowing back across the river.

I headed to get Talen and some food to cook at camp tonight so me & T will he running a little late.

I’ll update as Gilbert updates me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              I enjoy watching regardless of the outcome. Thanks for allowing us at work to tag along. Beautiful shooting lanes BTW.
              Thanks! A lot of blood sweat and tears have been shed on those lanes.

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
              Hsbtgarcia great looking unicorn of a lease. I'm always amazed at the amount of animals I see on your east Texas live hunts.
              Thanks man!
              We definitely have an above average deer density in there. Lots of feed, lots of hard work from a great group of lease members.
              Myself & my boys are very blessed to hunt that place.
              I definitely didn’t grow up seeing that many deer.

Comment

Good luck this afternoon, I am working on leveling floor at the fish camp amd living through everyone elses hunts.

Comment

I’m late & set up at camp.

Talen opted out of hunting this evening. He has a livestock show in the morning and has animals to get ready.

Kade made it to the lease to hunt this evening.

He is set up at his ridge stand. His spot holds a lot of deer and that ridge has always been a common rub line for bucks.

Kade’s set...

South lane

West lane

East lane

North lane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. That term “common rub line for bucks” I haven’t heard in a while. That topic can have different opinions. They do exist from my experiences for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      Good luck. That term “common rub line for bucks” I haven’t heard in a while. That topic can have different opinions. They do exist from my experiences for sure.
                      Haha!
                      I’m sure it can be.
                      I’m basing my comment off the fact that for 12 years in a row, we have numerous rubs down that whole ridge.
                      And when the flood waters get up, deer flock to the higher ground.
                      I can’t testify what other people see on their leases, but they can’t argue with me and be right about this spot.

Comment

SUPER slow this evening.
                        Gilbert has seen 2 does.
                        Kade has seen 1 buck.
                        Zero deer for me.

Very abnormal for this lease.

Comment

Y’all are getting a very high grade for your efforts for sure. It’ll happen.

Comment

Hot weather coming off a full moon. Im hanging around home catching up on chores. It can happen at any moment when you are in the woods though.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Hot weather coming off a full moon. Im hanging around home catching up on chores. It can happen at any moment when you are in the woods though.
                              Yes sir.
                              Trying to take advantage of Dads time off work and get as much time in the woods as possible.

Gonna take a little break tomorrow and haul Talen and his animals to a livestock show in Buffalo Tx.

We’ll be back Sunday morning.

Comment

Plans changed today for the better.

We got back from T’s livestock show just early enough to get a hunt in this evening.

Rolled in to the driveway at 3:30. Unloaded animals and me & Dad headed out.

Talen turned down the opportunity for an evening hunt for some girl that asked him to go to a concert in Nacogdoches. Not sure what that’s all about. Thought I raised him better than that. Lol

He did have a pretty good day though.
                                Won Senior Goat Showmanship. Won his class with his goat, 2nd in class with his Beefmaster heifer and 6th in a very large class off market steers.

So I dropped Dad off at my river stand. Not sure I could talk him in to hunting anywhere else due to a Shooter 10 pnt showing up last night on camera. We had this deer at another stand several times last year. Just all nighttime pics. He is a solid high 140” deer and plenty old enough. Heavy on the “Old”!

I headed to my big box stand. Changed the batteries on a few cell cams and now I’m settled in.

It’s 79 degrees. Had a good rain shower hit about 45 min before we got here. So that has helped the temps. Lanes are sprayed with golden deliciousness.

Lord have mercy on any shooter or hog that steps out this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X