Which State Would You Hunt In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
    This right here.......If you get up around the Moberly area in Northern MO that have some absolute Giants.

Nebraska has some big deer as well

Both states Non-resident licenses are very reasonable as well.

Iowa is on my bucket list just because its Iowa and I have been fascinated with it since I was young.
    i hunted scotland county, about 10 miles from iowa, and there are really good deer up there.

thinking i may try to make the trip back up there next year.

Comment

Look into SD.

Comment

Every state has big deer throughout them. Draw and tag systems are different Everywhere. If I picked one state for Giants - Ohio

Comment

WTs only?

Kansas, Iowa, and not to be left out Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, ........but big bruusers are not under every corn stalk!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
            Only person to mention Kentucky. I like it! I'd take Illinois or Ohio over Kansas though.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              Only person to mention Kentucky. I like it! I'd take Illinois or Ohio over Kansas though.
              Ohio folks in Kentucky now.....lol. Southern Illinois is [emoji106].

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pike County Illinois...
                Success photos from the 2020 whitetail hunting season at Hadley Creek Outfitters in Illinois. These are totally free range, trophy deer hunts.

Lots Of Nice Big Typical Bucks For the $$
                Last edited by BigOh!; 10-13-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  Look into SD.
                  I've heard of some nice Muley's out of SD but not WT's. Might have to look into this a little more. Always wanted to make a hunt up there too.

Comment

Bergmann's Rule says the farther north you go, the bigger the Deer get.

Some of y'all think KS is way up there LOL

Comment

Somewhere along the Ohio River either in in Kentucky or Ohio

Comment

Since I have friends in Kansas and an open invite to hunt there Kansas would be my first pick. Next in line Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio

Comment

Kentucky- Christian, Todd or Trigg counties

Comment

I go up to Indiana every year to Turkey hunt and i've seen some of the monsters they chase. Id take Indiana as state #1 for me!

Comment

I've hunted kansas for the last 20ish years. I love it. Nothing but east tx to compare it to really, but I would say if you could find a good area with low pressure, you have a good chance at killing a big deer. God just plain old set the Midwest up for bowhunting.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of those but KS. There's a hunter in every tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X