Bucces in Melissa selling Rotten Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucces in Melissa selling Rotten Corn

I had a terrible experience with the assistant General Manager Remi at this location. I purchased 12 bags of Deer corn at this location today at 05:00. I drove 2 hours to my lease to put the corn in my feeder. I found that the corn I purchased was rotten. I opened 10 of the 12 bags and found the corn was bad. I did not open the last 2. I could not transport 10 open bags of rotten corn back due to the smell and fact it would spill out all over my truck, so I took photos of the rotten corn along side of my receipt and dumped it all on the ground and took more pictures. I kept the empty bags for proof. Drove back to Buccees Melissa and spoke with Remi. He refused to give a refund or trade out the corn He said he could not refund it even though he admitted that he knew the corn was bad because it was rained on when delivered and other customers have been returning it. I explained why I couldn't bring it back and that I had photos, the empty bags and a receipt. He still refused. I asked for a general manger and he said none were available. He said If I have a problem with it, that I could contact corporate.
    I finally got him to call over the other assistant general manger ( Cant recall his name) and this one immediately said, "Yes we should give him his money back". In the end I received a refund after a long debate.
    My big concern is not the refund, but the fact that he knew the pallets of corn were bad and continued to sell them. As I was leaving I asked Remi if he was going to pull the rotten pallets of corn and he said there was nothing he could do about it.

I’m on my way there for the exact same reason. Hopefully they’ll refund me.

Comment

You should still reach out to Corporate. Remi should either understand the customer better or be fired.

Comment

Had a bad batch at the Denton store. Brought back all the bags with the mildewed corn and they had no issue with refunding my money. Sounds like that mgr needs a refresher course in CS.

Comment

Never open more than 2 bags and that is only if they came from 2 different pallets! I had that happen a few years ago and got refunded. I open one bag at hebs before leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            Never open more than 2 bags and that is only if they came from 2 different pallets! I had that happen a few years ago and got refunded. I open one bag at hebs before leaving.
            Its a 3 hour drive for me. I was hoping to salvage the day and get a few that were not bad out of the bunch. Guess 10 is where my learning curve kicks in.

Comment

HEB in Marble Falls corn has a bad smell as well. Got some corn two weeks ago and it had very soured smell. Thought it was a bad batch. Got some Wednesday this week and it was the same smell!

Comment

Originally posted by charliem714 View Post
                Its a 3 hour drive for me. I was hoping to salvage the day and get a few that were not bad out of the bunch. Guess 10 is where my learning curve kicks in.

Comment

That’s no good, what color were the bags?

Comment

Yep… I bought 16 last week. Had 6 that were molded, planning to stop in there Tuesday. I dumped mine and the bags are in the dumpster. I pulled from two pallets, will always pull from the ones closest to the door from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was in retail it was a common strategy for the first manager to say no and the second manager to say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At $10/bag that's a kick in the nuts. Glad you finally got a refund.

Comment

Yes... I posted about this last year

Comment

I really like Buc-ees but trying to get a refund for anything can be crazy.

Comment

Our deer don't care if it's molding

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X