Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denied employment because of references and friends in law enforcement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what company is it?? It would be nice to avoid giving companies like this one any of my money...

Comment

Who is this jerk? Why protect him?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Sounds like it would have been a terrible place to work anyways. You lucked out.

Good luck on the job hunt!
        Ditto

Comment

Could have just been an interviewing tactic to see how you would react.

You didn't really give us enough information to light the torches and grab the pitchforks just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

You didn't really give us enough information to light the torches and grab the pitchforks just yet.
            Well, crap. Guess I'll put my torch out now...

But it's ready to go if'n it's a needed!!

If he feels that way then that's a **** poor attitude. If it was an interview tactic then that's a **** poor tactic.

Comment

That was my first thought as well.

Comment

Could also be that he just doesn’t like that one particular man who happens to be law enforcement, rather than disliking law enforcement as a whole.

I respect law enforcement, but I know plenty of men that have jobs in law enforcement that are far less than respectable. Same as any profession, there are good men and not so good men.

Either way, it was bad form in an interview but also doesn’t warrant the pitchfork faction without full details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No torches? No pitchforks? What kind of vigilante mob is this?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Could also be that he just doesn’t like that one particular man who happens to be law enforcement, rather than disliking law enforcement as a whole.

I respect law enforcement, but I know plenty of men that have jobs in law enforcement that are far less than respectable. Same as any profession, there are good men and not so good men.

Either way, it was bad form in an interview but also doesn’t warrant the pitchfork faction without full details.
                    Agreed

Comment

You need to remember that while they are interviewing you, You are interviewing them. And employers need to understand that, too. Once you have that confidence you can easily walk away.

Comment

Working...
                      X