In search of a new generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In search of a new generator

I have a 5 year old duel fuel generator to run my freezers if/when a storm hits. I'm gonna replace/back it up with a new one. Any good sales out there? Thank you to all.

Hmmmm....I was hoping there might be a Fathers day sale.

Comment

It’s expensive sledding right now with Ercots BS and the start of hurricane season. I’m looking as well.

Comment

Same boat here.
        So far I'm down to either a duel fuel Champion 10k or Westinghouse 10k.
        I can't find anything I can wire I to my panel though, without having to use the built in outlets.
        If you run across a portable with a lug box on it let me know .

Comment

Just picked up a DuroMax dual fuel for $599 ordered online through Home Depot. 4500 running 5500 start. I went ahead and bought the 3 yr warranty through HD even though 3 yr manufacturer. Id rather deal with HD than manufacturer when it craps out…in 2.75 years. (Mental note…schedule generator crap out in 2.75 years on iphone calendar. Because it will happen in 3.25 years regardless).

Many of the 10k +\- DuroMax dual fuels were only a few hundred more. I might go ahead and secure one of those too.

Id love a Honda but my supplier couldnt get their crap together to tell me how and when I could get an electric start 5k gen…for a shade under $3k.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-15-2021, 10:27 PM. Reason: QuieroJondaSpake

Comment

FYI…
            I recieved a bid from Lowes for 20k W Generac for $10k installed and $15k for 24k W installed. Smart switches and all that jive on AC systems, etc.

Comment

Get a Westinghouse, if needed parts easy to get. I have had one for years, no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Just picked up a DuroMax dual fuel for $599 ordered online through Home Depot. 4500 running 5500 start. I went ahead and bought the 3 yr warranty through HD even though 3 yr manufacturer. Id rather deal with HD than manufacturer when it craps out…in 2.75 years. (Mental note…schedule generator crap out in 2.75 years on iphone calendar. Because it will happen in 3.25 years regardless).

Many of the 10k +\- DuroMax dual fuels were only a few hundred more. I might go ahead and secure one of those too.

Id love a Honda but my supplier couldnt get their crap together to tell me how and when I could get an electric start 5k gen…for a shade under $3k.
                Done a lot of research and reading on those.
                Right now its between a duel fuel Champion and Westinghouse for me.
                Seems like HD has dumped a few people on the Duros, and not much in the way of parts on this side of the pond.
                All 3 are on HD website, all similar in price, and reviews.

Comment

I've got a like new Honda EU3000iS that I was going to use as my backup generator...but I could use some extra money to build an outdoor kitchen right now.

I bought it less than a year ago and my son ended up using it to run his well, refrigerator and space heaters during the freeze in Feb. I'm guessing it has around 20-30hrs on it maybe? I just changed the oil last weekend to make sure it was ready for hurricane season so it's ready to go. If you're interested, PM me.

Here's a link to it...mine also has the wheel kit installed. https://powerequipment.honda.com/gen...odels/eu3000is
                  Last edited by ohuett; 06-16-2021, 06:56 AM. Reason: added link and fixed a misspelling

Comment

Just got 4400 Predator $599 harbor freight hope it’s a good one

Comment

I have 2 Champion 3500W Dual Fuel Inverter with Parallel Kit that I am selling.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                        Just got 4400 Predator $599 harbor freight hope it’s a good one
                        Turn it back in under 2 years and get another.

I have 2 predator 2ks that were solid until not. One is still good. I loaned one out to a neighbor during icepocalypse…they lost power the Thursday when the ice rain started. It ran for them for several days then quit suddenly. Ive troubleshot the dang thing, got fuel, got spark, filter is clean, fresh oil topped off, and I cant get the darn thing to start. The local mech shops dont want to work on it because they say they cant get parts. The gen was 4 months past warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Same boat here.
                          So far I'm down to either a duel fuel Champion 10k or Westinghouse 10k.
                          I can't find anything I can wire I to my panel though, without having to use the built in outlets.
                          If you run across a portable with a lug box on it let me know .
                          Prepare for the onslaught!

Comment

I got a Generac 8500 and I love it. It is much better than the Champion that it replaced

Comment

What is wrong with your current generator? In other words what are you looking for in a new setup? It will help for some to give you suggestions but i don't expect a lot of them to be "on sale" any time soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X