No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of two giants killed in Davy Crockett this week chasing does..its getting that time!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Good luck, Tony!

Hey don't you have a place on private ground in Montgomery County too? I remember you killed a good one last year out there.

Yeah I hunt around the house with my neighbors. It’s not really set up right for bow hunting though. You bust too many deer. We just got another 70 acres so our access should cleanup a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just rattled here. Man it was a cluster getting set up. Changed trees twice a. Lost an arrow. Realized I only have 1 arrow to shoot. My two other fixed blades catch the riser when I draw and pops them off the string. Good thing I drew some practice times and realized that. Be a miracle to see a deer let alone shoot one lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
          Just rattled here. Man it was a cluster getting set up. Changed trees twice a. Lost an arrow. Realized I only have 1 arrow to shoot. My two other fixed blades catch the riser when I draw and pops them off the string. Good thing I drew some practice times and realized that. Be a miracle to see a deer let alone shoot one lol

Hahaha sounds like a type of morning I’ve had so far. Started off good by driving down the county road and saw a small 8. Grabbed my gear and got it into the Ranger. Drove to my blind (parked 300 yards away) Walking in I smelt doe P heavily, got to my pop up and realized I left my bow in the Ranger... Who does that?! Finally get back to my pop up and come daylight I noticed my pop up must of gotten turned by the wind and wasn’t even facing the feeder...

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
            Hahaha sounds like a type of morning I’ve had so far. Started off good by driving down the county road and saw a small 8. Grabbed my gear and got it into the Ranger. Drove to my blind (parked 300 yards away) Walking in I smelt doe P heavily, got to my pop up and realized I left my bow in the Ranger... Who does that?! Finally get back to my pop up and come daylight I noticed my pop up must of gotten turned by the wind and wasn’t even facing the feeder...

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

This sounds like my season so far.

Hope it settles down and the deer starting moving.

Comment

My camera is showing some promising activity. Two shooter bucks have showed back up in my area. A lot of activity last Saturday with 9 deer from 715-750. Two of them were the shooters and had two younger bucks fighting. Been more evening activity since then. I’ve got a good doe I’m targeting this evening that’s been coming around 6 frequently..

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post

Dang that sounds about like something I would do. I saw one small buck on the way out. I had my target buck in daylight working a scrape last night but he has now busted his whole left side off. Great! There’s another solid 8 in there that body wise is a shooter. I haven’t gotten any real good photos of him yet.

Comment

Awe dang! I’ve got a target nine but hadn’t been here since last Saturday. I’ve got a few does coming in the evenings around six I may stick one of em tonight.

Comment

I’m settled in for doe patrol. Finally!

Let me ask y’all a question: the tripod I’m hunting tonight has a light, marginal and swirling wind. Feeder is 120+ yards away. Generally is that enough distance to disperse scent in the pines? Normally I hunt a box blind so it would be a moot point but it’s too warm to go there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I’m settled in for doe patrol. Finally!

Let me ask y’all a question: the tripod I’m hunting tonight has a light, marginal and swirling wind. Feeder is 120+ yards away. Generally is that enough distance to disperse scent in the pines? Normally I hunt a box blind so it would be a moot point but it’s too warm to go there right now.

No

Comment

You gonna shoot one under the feeder? ... with a bow?? or you MLD??
                        With good scent control, you should be OK at the feeder, but might have issues with deer attempting to walk past you to get to the feeder... just depends...

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          No

Well you’re no fun.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          You gonna shoot one under the feeder? ... with a bow?? or you MLD??
                          With good scent control, you should be OK at the feeder, but might have issues with deer attempting to walk past you to get to the feeder... just depends...
                          MLD. Camera shows they come from the pines behind the feeder, nearly 150 yards out. If they come behind me they’ll see me before they smell me. There’s very little chance they’ll come across me from either side but if they do I’ll see them before they get in my wind.

Comment

Not much movement this morning.. Camera has been showing a few does in the evenings pretty frequently. Hoping to stick one here within 30 minutes

Comment

I shoulda worn a jacket

Comment

Hey guys, I've got to correct something I posted about the "two monster bucks killed in the DCNF and knowing about one of them... I reported that a biggun was killed there day before yesterday and I had a pic... Well it turns out when the story finally was revealed, the deer was killed in a high fence place... I am sorry for misleading everyone... I was told the deer was a DCNF deer, but I have it on a very good source that in fact it was NOT.

Again, I'm very sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X