Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I45 Fairfield to houston

Anyone know how the road is
    Need to get home, had a pipe bust in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I drove from Dallas to North Houston yesterday afternoon and it was an easy drive. Both directions of I-45 were mostly clear and people were driving 65+ mph. Montgomery County between the north county line and The Woodlands was the worst section, stayed in the tire tracks and all was fine. Today the road conditions should be even better.
    Last edited by Panther; 02-17-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I would be very careful, everything in Leona turned to ice with the rain. It was raining in Huntsville about an hour ago.

Comment

Thanks for this, trying to get my Sister and BIL down here where we have power.

Comment

My cousin is on 45 now in 18wheeler and he made it today

Comment

It's 34 degrees in north Houston at 12:55 pm and it's wet and very little ice in the road. I would not have driven Tuesday if I didn't have to.

Comment

I think 45 should be okay right now but a mess when the temp dropped later today

Comment

I told them they have about a few minutes to decide, leave now or don't do it. Once the sun goes down that interstate in places will be solid black ice. Up to them at this point but they have no time to screw around.

Comment

Told them to leave the 2wd truck behind, take the front wheel drive little SUV if they do make a run for it.

Comment

I drove from Conroe to Pasadena early this morning. No problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                      I told them they have about a few minutes to decide, leave now or don't do it. Once the sun goes down that interstate in places will be solid black ice. Up to them at this point but they have no time to screw around.

Wise advice! There's lots of ice on the trees now. As the sun goes down, that ice will migrate to the ground... Overpasses will be like a solid ice skating rink...

I just drove up HWY 59 from Humble to the Cleveland area and other than messy because of the rain, there was no ice on the main road.

Comment

They found a hotel so they will be safe and warm tonight. Thank you, Lord!

Be careful out there folks.

Comment

Working...
                        X