Louisiana reccomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louisiana reccomendations?

Headed through Lafayette, Baton Rouge and New Orleans spending a night in each place this week. Any food or must do/see reccomendations?

Lock your doors and hide your valuables.

Comment

Enjoy our beautiful highway system

Comment

Chargrilled oysters is the first thing I look for in New Orleans. Usually get them at Drago’s.

Comment

Stop in Scott on your way to NOLA, pick up some Billys boudin and eat lunch at Fezzo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you like oysters on the halfshell. Go to Blind Pelican bar mid day. $3 dollar a dozen, but you have to buy a beer. They were excellent. It was a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
              Chargrilled oysters is the first thing I look for in New Orleans. Usually get them at Drago’s.
              This^^!

I also try to go to Acme's for the chargrilled. If the line it too long, try Felix's across the street. Oceana is ok.

Oysters are one of the biggest reason's I go to New Orleans. We usually oyster bar hope and fit in other bars along the way.

If you are taking your spouse, take her to the Bombay Club. She might like it. My wife does.

J

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                If you like oysters on the halfshell. Go to Blind Pelican bar mid day. $3 dollar a dozen, but you have to buy a beer. They were excellent. It was a blast.
                Dang, we will have to try this place too next time we go.

We usually dont walk that far past Canal St. Hahaha

J

Comment

Parrain's in BR

Comment

Prejean's in Lafayette

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                      Stop in Scott on your way to NOLA, pick up some Billys boudin and eat lunch at Fezzo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      ^Thats about as solid as it gets right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                        Prejean's in Lafayette

I feel Prejean’s is kinda touristy and really not that great. But I grew up there so I’m biased.

OP, if you want a poboy for lunch, Bon Creole in New Iberia (between Lafayette and Jeanerette) has a shrimp poboy with about 2 pounds of fried shrimp. Or swap it for fried oysters and what have you. I usually get the whole poboy and save half for dinner or lunch the next day. Little hole in the wall joint. One of my favorites.

And I second Billy’s in Scott. There is a new location on Point DeMouton as well, just north of I-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A few NOLA spots we love: Galatoire's, Johnny Poboys, Carousel Bar in the Hotel Monteleone, Sazarec Bar in the Roosevelt Hotel, live music on Frenchmen Street (avoid Bourbon Street at night), Felix's Oyster Bar for live and charbroiled, Mr. B's for BBQ shrimp.

Comment

When are you going through BR? Chimes restaurant has some of the best brunch I have ever had at North Gate on the weekends. LSU's Campus is always fun to drive through on highland and you can go see Mike and walk past the stadium, unless that has changed with C-19. Thats just off the top of my head. I can probably think of more throughout the day.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I leave today for this short trip. It's work related but I have plenty of time to myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X