Rebuilt auto titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt auto titles

Just wondering who has bought a vehicle with a rebuilt title before, and if there’s anything special I need to know about them with the whole transfer and insuring process. Looking at a hunting/fishing rig that’s got a rebuilt title and just want to know what I might be getting myself into. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience is insurance will only insure it for liability with a rebuilt title. If that is not an issue you shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

If you can find out why it has a rebuilt title that would a good question. There’s a lot of flooded out vehicles with rebuilt titles. If it’s cash and a hunting vehicle might not be a bad option.

Comment

I would stay away but I have no experience with one nor do I know anyone who does..

Comment

I had a 1996 Cobra Mustang with a “salvage” title and a 1989 Nissan truck for hunting fishing rig also “salvage” title
          No problems with full coverage insurance with USAA
          It helps to actually know what caused the “salvage” title

Hope that helps
          Ron

Comment

It’ll be cash and a hunting/fishing rig & grocery getter is all. Won’t be putting very many miles on it since it’s basically just a backup car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a 2005 Acura TL that was rebuilt. It had front end damage... had the car for 11 years and put over 200k in mileage. Ask what caused the damage, ask to see if they have pictures and what not. Personally, I would stay away from flooded vehicles.

Comment

A lady I work with just had her car totaled due to hail. 37000 miles only cosmetic damage

Comment

I usually stay away from rebuilt titles mainly because they are much more difficult to resale. My 2 cents.

Comment

I think the biggest problem with them is resale. But for a hunting rig that shouldn’t be much of a worry so rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      I think the biggest problem with them is resale. But for a hunting rig that shouldn’t be much of a worry so rock on!
                      I thought that also but when I got rid of the mustang I did not get hurt on a rebuild(salvage) title
                      The Nissan is still a dang Billiegoat goes where ever I point it never giving her up best trade I ever made!!!!

Ron

Comment

You’ll get the most opinions on this subject from those with the least experience.

I absolutely love me some salvage vehicles!

I’ve bought several back from insurance hail/theft claims, and am currently living in a 2014 $100k+ rebuilt motor home that I bought for an absolute steal after it was ‘totaled’ by an incompetent auto adjuster who didn’t even bother to look at it in person.

And it’s currently insured with Progressive with full coverage for about $80k, which is really close to its full value.

Your mileage may vary.

Comment

My wife had a salvaged Nissan 240SX and I later had a salvaged F250 ... we had full coverage on both, and only normal wear and tear problems with each.

Comment

I have a 2012 Camry with rebuilt title , has been a great car , I would not buy a salvage title as it can not be registered and inspected until it goes through a rigorous inspection to get the rebuilt status, I have full coverage with State Farm and it is no different with them than a clean title , but most banks won’t finance them

Comment

Get pictures of previous damage. I have almost done this a couple of times, but resale value was the only thing holding me back.

Comment

Working...
                              X