Tree Lounge Climber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Lounge Climber

Anyone still using a tree lounge climber? I know they used to be pretty popular. I didn’t know they were still in production but they have a current website so evidently they are. Sure do look comfortable.

I have 5 or 6 of them and I still use them. The original tree lounge company went out of business, but my understanding is possibly the new ownership fired it back up . The majority of the parts on these new stands fit the old etc. They are comfortable and great for all day hunts, but they are a little heavy so don't be trying to pack them a long ways unless you are prepared lol. I put mine out before season in pre-planned locations and leave them all season.

Comment

Had one years ago. I was just graduating college and paid, what felt like, a billion dollars for it. It was the absolute most comfortable stand. I’m pretty sure I fell asleep in it every hunt.
      It was a little noisy setting up and climbing compared to other climbing stands. Eventually, I sold it on eBay for more than I paid for it when they went out of business. I replaced it with a Summit.
      Pros: COMFORTABLE
      CONS: noisy, dropping screws in the dark sucks (I painted mine orange), slightly heavy and cumbersome while carrying.
      I’d be curious I they made any changes to the original design to clean up some of the noise issues.

Comment

I’ve got one. It’s great for rifle hunting, but I always found it to be pretty tough to stand up on the bow platform get my bow, shift my weight, and draw without royally screwing something up. I did kill a deer from it though. Agree on the heavy comment as well. You ain’t backpacking it in and hunting from it the same morning. Maybe if you’re young and dumb and haven’t figured out an easier way to hunt...

It’s awesome for taking naps while hunting, very secure, very comfortable, but for me not the best bow stand.

I don’t use mine anymore. I could possibly be talked out of it, since I have been holding on to it just in case I need to use the aluminum for another project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
          I’ve got one. It’s great for rifle hunting, but I always found it to be pretty tough to stand up on the bow platform get my bow, shift my weight, and draw without royally screwing something up. I did kill a deer from it though. Agree on the heavy comment as well. You ain’t backpacking it in and hunting from it the same morning. Maybe if you’re young and dumb and haven’t figured out an easier way to hunt...

It’s awesome for taking naps while hunting, very secure, very comfortable, but for me not the best bow stand.

I don’t use mine anymore. I could possibly be talked out of it, since I have been holding on to it just in case I need to use the aluminum for another project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          What would you take for it?

Comment

Its funny that you mentioned that. I just got a new place to hunt over the weekend. I was out scouting around yesterday and found an old tree lounge in a tree, The seat cloth is dry rotted but he rest is in good shape. I was gonna see if the cloth could be replaced.

Comment

They made some great hunting videos also.

Comment

I've got a bunch of them. It's the only stand I hunt out of.

I started buying them in the mid 80's from Bob & Margret Hice, Bob was the inventor. Their place was about 45 minutes from mine. Great folks who have passed on.

They are heavy and big, but that is my only complaint. With practice you can negate the noise issue.

I hunt my 50'-60' up when possible(in gun season). I have built a cedar "stair step" so I can climb it to level and lay there all day.

Before they came out with a chill pad I used a 3" thick piece of foam in the sling seat. Without foam you will freeze your back and butt off when it's cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                  Its funny that you mentioned that. I just got a new place to hunt over the weekend. I was out scouting around yesterday and found an old tree lounge in a tree, The seat cloth is dry rotted but he rest is in good shape. I was gonna see if the cloth could be replaced.

You can replace it. Use a piece of geotech cloth)it's like silt fence fabric and comes on a roll).

Comment

First climber I ever used. Got invited on a doe hunt by a buddy in SE Oklahoma. He set me up on a pine tree before daylight and told me to climb till I reached the first limb. It finally got daylight and I must of been 40’ up that tree. I climbed back down a little.. Lol. It was a comfortable stand.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      What would you take for it?
                      PM me your number. I’ll text some photos and we can go from there

Comment

There are probably a lot more TL's around here than in TX, but around these parts you can get used TL's for $100-$125.

Comment

I have one, wife gave it to me about 22 years ago. I bowhunted out of it quite a bit & killed a few deer & a bunch of hogs.

It needs some tlc because I haven’t used it in a few years. However, wife doesn’t want me climbing trees anymore. So I don’t know what I’m going to do with it.

Very comfortable to use. Heavy as others have already stated. I used to take it out way before season and set it up , then leave it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heavy, noisy but very comfortable. That reminds me i loaned mine to a buddy a couple of years ago. I need to make a phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
                              Heavy, noisy but very comfortable.
                              The trick to mitigate the noise issue is having nothing that can move.

When packing & climbing use bungees.

When up to your spot, set it firmly and make sure it is full telescoped.

I have deer walk up when I'm going up the tree of down the tree every season. I have also shot deer on the way up and on the way down.

I have got it dialed in though. I doubt there are many folks that have hunted as many hours out of a Tree Lounge as I have.

Comment

Working...
                              X