RV Park in driving distance to Dallas Convention Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Park in driving distance to Dallas Convention Center

Anyone have any suggestions? My daughter has a volleyball tournament at the Dallas convention center in April and looking for a place to stay that's in reasonable driving distance. Any suggestions?

I'm looking at the Dallas / Arlington KOA but thought I would see if any other recommendations.

That is of course if we can get out of the "required" stay at the hotel agreement that the teams have with the hotels to get discounted rates for the weekend.
    Last edited by BigL; 12-09-2020, 04:36 PM.

Also looking at Cedar Hill State Park which is the leading one right now. Just curious what other options are in that area.

Comment

is the tournament on the weekend or during the week?

Comment

Loyd Park on the other side of Joe Pool Lake is much much nicer

Also look at the Vineyards in Grapevine. Expensive but very nice.

Comment

There is a state park at Lake Lewisville which would serve your purpose. There is also one of the Jellystone RV parks just south of FT. Worth on 35. It would be a 45 min. drive in non rush hr. traffic, but they have a water park and other activities.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            is the tournament on the weekend or during the week?
            I think it's a 3 day tournament so will have 1 weekday + weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
              Loyd Park on the other side of Joe Pool Lake is much much nicer

Also look at the Vineyards in Grapevine. Expensive but very nice.
              Cool thanks I'll check them out.

Originally posted by ra61hunting View Post
              There is a state park at Lake Lewisville which would serve your purpose. There is also one of the Jellystone RV parks just south of FT. Worth on 35. It would be a 45 min. drive in non rush hr. traffic, but they have a water park and other activities.
              Yea we go to Jellystone every summer since 2013. Very familiar with it and I'm sure have paid for at least one or two of their upgrades by now! They don't open the water park until later so not really considering it now. Plus want to be a little closer for those times when they have a couple hour break we can go back for an hour or so.

Comment

I am not aware of any rv parks that would be convenient for the convention center. The Omni is really convenient but stupid expensive, at least during the Lonestar tournament. The Aloft, Adolphus and a Courtyard are within walking distance and are not terribly expensive all things considered

Comment

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
                  I am not aware of any rv parks that would be convenient for the convention center. The Omni is really convenient but stupid expensive, at least during the Lonestar tournament. The Aloft, Adolphus and a Courtyard are within walking distance and are not terribly expensive all things considered
                  The Adolphus is the one they have a deal at. $200/night. I'd rather pay 30/night at cedar hill state park

Comment

Twin Coves at Grapevine Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                      The Adolphus is the one they have a deal at. $200/night. I'd rather pay 30/night at cedar hill state park
                      I normally use Marriot points at the Adolphus and it is about the same as the Courtyard so thought the rates would be close. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                      X