Physical Therapists Salaries and Future Openings Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physical Therapists Salaries and Future Openings Info

Good evening! I’m a second year physical therapy student at the University of Central Arkansas’s program. We moved here from NE TX when I was accepted into school a couple of years ago. I do not graduate until August ‘21 but I am starting to put some feelers out and wanted to connect with any physical therapists on TBH. Here the market seems to be saturated and pay is well below average I believe when compared to the great Lone Star state. So, any openings, current pay, and future job opening information would be great! You can PM or shoot me a text @
    (903) 701- 2701
    Zach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where do you plan on living , moving post graduation ? If you reply with a specific city I can run BLS numbers and give you hourly/annual salaries as documented by the gov't

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      where do you plan on living , moving post graduation ? If you reply with a specific city I can run BLS numbers and give you hourly/annual salaries as documented by the gov't

I do not have a specific city in mind want to keep our options open but Texarkana, Tyler, and DFW would all be options.

Comment

Been a PT for about 8 years in the Houston market. Currently do management work and tx. Please do not be drawn to the money in home health. I saw this with friends who went this route and regretted the decision. You really need a mentor, as you will have numerous questions the first couple years that were not necessarily covered in books and classes.
        As a new graduate, You may have to start PRN and wait to be taken on full time. This is all just my opinion on the above information.
        You may consider taking a position that pays less starting out but the dividends could result in greater pay down the road. Also look for for internship positions as these could result in a job if you prove yourself to them.

I work for HCA-north Houston area and the market for our hospital is growing. Go to our website and look for potential openings.

If I had to guess, based on salary of the current therapist hired at my facility, probably mid 50-60,000 starting out with no experience but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps, feel feel to pm me with any questions

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
          Been a PT for about 8 years in the Houston market. Currently do management work and tx. Please do not be drawn to the money in home health. I saw this with friends who went this route and regretted the decision. You really need a mentor, as you will have numerous questions the first couple years that were not necessarily covered in books and classes.
          As a new graduate, You may have to start PRN and wait to be taken on full time. This is all just my opinion on the above information.
          You may consider taking a position that pays less starting out but the dividends could result in greater pay down the road. Also look for for internship positions as these could result in a job if you prove yourself to them.

I work for HCA-north Houston area and the market for our hospital is growing. Go to our website and look for potential openings.

If I had to guess, based on salary of the current therapist hired at my facility, probably mid 50-60,000 starting out with no experience but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps, feel feel to pm me with any questions

Thank you that is helpful and great information to have. I do want to have mentoring coming out of school so that is something that I will be looking for in my first job for sure.

Comment

Tyler ISD pays very well for PTs. 60 to 70k on an 11 month contract

Comment

I own an operate 10 nursing homes in Texas. I can tell you right now with all the changes to nursing home reimbursement that we have actually recently laid off a few therapists company wide. Some of the big therapy contractors out there like Genesis and Reliant have laid off thousands of therapists nationwide.

Immediately following the Oct. 1 rollout of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM), news broke about widespread therapy staff layoffs throughout the

The nation's nursing homes lost about 1,700 jobs in November, marking two consecutive months of slight slides since the introduction of the new Medicare

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                I own an operate 10 nursing homes in Texas. I can tell you right now with all the changes to nursing home reimbursement that we have actually recently laid off a few therapists company wide. Some of the big therapy contractors out there like Genesis and Reliant have laid off thousands of therapists nationwide.

Immediately following the Oct. 1 rollout of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM), news broke about widespread therapy staff layoffs throughout the

https://skillednursingnews.com/2019/...n-in-november/
                A lot of this is due to new laws concerning special Ed. in Texas. Schools have new requirements and it's much easier to qualify through the school system...for free.

Comment

My youngest daughter graduated a couple of years ago from St Augustine in Austin. Her entire class of 40-50 students got jobs right away. She got offered a job from the last place she did her clinicals with here in Harker Heights. She got paid based on number of patients seen and was making about 20k more per year than her friends who stayed in Austin. Both her and her now husband are PT’s. He moved to our area from Florida to take his job. They just moved to Nashville and both had jobs before they got there. Both had multiple offers.

Check all the job sites for the areas you are interested. Seems like every time I looked for her when she was in school, there were pages of jobs available.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
                    My youngest daughter graduated a couple of years ago from St Augustine in Austin. Her entire class of 40-50 students got jobs right away. She got offered a job from the last place she did her clinicals with here in Harker Heights. She got paid based on number of patients seen and was making about 20k more per year than her friends who stayed in Austin. Both her and her now husband are PT’s. He moved to our area from Florida to take his job. They just moved to Nashville and both had jobs before they got there. Both had multiple offers.

Check all the job sites for the areas you are interested. Seems like every time I looked for her when she was in school, there were pages of jobs available.

Thank you! That has been the word here as well. Usually most students have job offers before they graduate. I want to be selective before accepting my first position and my dream/plan is to own and operate my own private practice one day. Glad to hear your daughter and son in law have done well.

Comment

My BIL is a PT here in Austin, second year in he’s making 70ish I believe. “Sports Medicine”... I’m not much help beyond that

Comment

Working...
                      X