Middle and lower Brazos river is gonna come up a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle and lower Brazos river is gonna come up a bit

Been watching the Brazos river lake release reports in real time. Whitney is releasing 19,000 cfs at the moment. And that lake level is still rising. It should be rolling for a little while. Just thought I'd let my lower Brazos river friends know.

Wonder if Whitney will get as high as it did in 2007 and last year? At least I thought it was last year when it flooded so bad. Or was it the year before last?

Comment

Worksalot, it's been flooded a lot more than that.

Comment

With green monkeys and all.

Comment

Hopefully this isn’t reminiscent of the 2016 floods down here....

Comment

The water is on it's way. Be careful out there.

Comment

We live about a mile off the Brazos just south of Houston, people are definitely starting to get on edge this week, so far they do not show levels getting near as high as the last two years... yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How high it gets depends on how much more rain we get over the next week or two. ACE is trying to lower the water level in the upper Brazos region so they can use it as a "catch pool" again. But the middle and lower valley region lakes are getting full. And a little water is being released from them already to try to keep them down. They won't hold as much as the upper valley will. But maybe combined they might. Lake Waco won't take to much more before they are going to have to increase the release rate. I'm thinking a few more good rains in the middle and lower, and Waco, along with almost everything below it, will be letting go.

Comment

At 59, it came up several feet in the last day or two.

Comment

I drive over the Brazos to and from work everyday between Patterson and Sealy. It has easily risen 10-12 feet in the past 2-3 days.

Comment

I got this from the Ag Extension office. It is a little dated. Got it yesterday morning.

Subject: Keep One Eye on the Rain the Other on Your Animals

Brazoria County – County officials will be monitoring the Brazos River closely over the next week or two due to the rainfall pouring into the Brazos River Watershed from North and Central Texas. “Be aware and stay tuned as we continue to monitor the river closely,” says County Judge Matt Sebesta. The National Weather Service is saying that we will see a significant rise in the Brazos River level at Rosharon over the next week. The predicted crest on Tuesday, October 23rd, will be just below minor flood stage (43 feet). The National Weather Service is predicting the Brazos River will remain in its banks according to the current forecast. Judge Matt Sebesta asks residents to stay tuned through the county’s social media sites and county website for any changes in the forecast.

Producers – Be Aware!! Flooding may occur in low lying pasture areas along the Brazos River in the Rosharon area. We are NOT calling for an evacuation, and we are NOT setting up a shelter; we are warning producers in the Rosharon area to watch the river and be prepared. You may want to consider moving animals from along the river to higher areas on your property as a precaution. We will continue to keep you informed should the situation change.

Please exercise caution in moving animals, make sure they have plenty of feed and water. Also make sure you have an evacuation and emergency preparedness plan should the need arise to evacuate.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
                        I drive over the Brazos to and from work everyday between Patterson and Sealy. It has easily risen 10-12 feet in the past 2-3 days.

We have some family land in this area and I think we will get water in the bottom before the weekend is over. River doesn’t have to flood for this to happen. Getting close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The upper Brazos is rolling pretty good too apparently. I saw that they are warning those little communities below Possum Kingdom (Horsehoe Bend, etc) that they may have to open up more gates at the Morris Shepard dam.

Comment

Looks like the Brazos at Hemstead is rolling at 48,600 cfs at the moment, the highest point in the crest at the present.

Edit: make that 48,900 cfs

Comment

I drive over the Brazos at FM485 between Hearne and Cameron daily. It was high yesterday afternoon, but not scary high. Scary high will be another 10 feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X