No announcement yet.

“Antlers86” 2019 LIVE thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to hear this! We had bus luck tonight also!

Comment

195 pics on cell cams and not a single one of him. First night ever no pics of him. I actually slept and woke up a couple times looking through pics. Ready for daylight so I can hopefully end this feeling and maybe turn it around.

Comment

Good luck bud, hope you find him you have worked your tail off for this deer

Comment

Maybe I missed it...but did you explain what happened on the shot? You said something about a ricochet?

Comment

Good luck this morning. Hopefully hes up and moving hitting a feeder like normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Maybe I missed it...but did you explain what happened on the shot? You said something about a ricochet?
              Small berry bush with a 1/4 Diameter limb was between me and him. I honestly didn’t see it. Arrow went sideways and the broadhead hit far front shoulder just a tad above brisket.

With no pics of him he has to be bedded up hurting or dead.

Comment

Good luck this morning!

Comment

Good luck man! Hope you find him or see him alive and well. They are resilient animals so I bet he shakes it off and will be back in no time. I just crawled in my Kriv blind and trying to wipe off all the sweat from the walk in. Will check back and hope for LDP’s...

Comment

Good luck Jason!
                    Hoping you can locate him today.

Comment

I’m in my stand now, I’ll be checking for updates! Hope you find him.

Comment

I hope u find him. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang man, hoping for the best for you! Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

No sign, no sightings, nothing. Guess it’s watching cams and looking out for buzzards. I think he is uncomfortable and not laying down. If he is laid up he hides really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              No sign, no sightings, nothing. Guess it’s watching cams and looking out for buzzards. I think he is uncomfortable and not laying down. If he is laid up he hides really well.
                              Was really hoping y’all would find him this morning. How many acres on the ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                Was really hoping y’all would find him this morning. How many acres on the ranch?
                                215 acres. 30 acre lake and 8 acres of pasture open land and the rest is thick woods. We covered a 75 acres or so. I believe this deer is alive and well. We did find 2 bucks bedded and one was big bodied high rack that could have been him but can’t say for sure. Moved cams around, have a buddy hunting this evening and I am supposed to be in Rusk County to start hunting the Big 8.

Just bad luck and I hate it. Really wanted this buck with Traditional Bow. If the berry twig wouldn’t have been there the arrow would have been double lungs. I’ve been shooting daily for the last few months. Sucks bad that this happened but gut is telling me he is ok and we are writing a good hunting story!

Think when I do get him I found a mount option! Trying to stay positive
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X