Scared out of my mind driving on a bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving to see some family staying in Austin, and the shortest way was 281 north to 290 east then I-35 north
    Well all was fine till the 290 to I-35 exit ramp over pass , I have never been on any other bridge so high and narrow with low cement railing . I ventured glancing out my left window and all I could see was air and how high up this bridge is I really wanted to slam on the break and walk down .
    thousands of people drive this horrible bridge ramp every day I just don’t have my man card I guess

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    Driving to see some family staying in Austin, and the shortest way was 281 north to 290 east then I-35 north

Well all was fine till the 290 to I-35 exit ramp over pass , I have never been on any other bridge so high and narrow with low cement railing . I ventured glancing out my left window and all I could see was air and how high up this bridge is I really wanted to slam on the break and walk down .

thousands of people drive this horrible bridge ramp every day I just don’t have my man card I guess

Old rainbow bridge going to bridge city was my worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make it a point, when I’m driving with my wife to look and tell her what she’s is missing while her eyes are closed. She hates high roads just like you, and just like you she doesn’t have her man card. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

You ain’t lyin, my drivers ed instructor made me drive over it when it was 2 before it was one-way.

Comment

Drove over a bridge that was under construction when they were tearing it out to replace with a new one late one night and nobody was around. They had a deter sign up but I decided to take a short cut. Not the smartest thing I've ever done but I didn't collapse the bridge and die. So it all worked out.

It was dark outside and I really couldn't see how bad off the bridge was or how far along the tearing out process was. I just hauled *** across there and thought about it later.
          Last edited by okrattler; 12-28-2018, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
            You ain’t lyin, my drivers ed instructor made me drive over it when it was 2 before it was one-way.

Mine did too. I took drivers ed with Dyson

I was going to type the same thing but honestly I didn’t believe my own memories and said naw no way a drivers ed teacher would torment a student with driving over that bridge

Last edited by Black Ice; 12-28-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
              Yep. That thing would make ya pucker when it was two way.

Comment

Riding with my parents in 1960 I witnessed a fatal accident crossing the old Galveston Causeway, roll-over head-on collision right at the top of the hump. Been scared ever sense crossing any high bridge.

Comment

Everybody's worst!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    Everybody's worst!

I think I actually stopped on my drivers ed test

I will say we are sissy’s after seeing video from my dad’s video in Indonesia.

Last edited by Black Ice; 12-29-2018, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I have a wooden bridge on my lease right now that every time I go over it I speed up a little.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I also hate high overpasses and don't understand why they have to be so danged high.

I understand needing clearance and all, but don't get the need to scrape the stratosphere with the roof of my truck.

I was no fan of the Rainbow bridge when I used to travel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          Everybody's worst!
                          No , I have driven over rainbow bridge, and the 290/35 bridge in Austin is much worse at one lane and low guard barriers “ makes me sweat just thinking about it “

Comment

First bridge I thou checked of,when I opened this thread. On a windy day it will make you grip the wheel tight and look steaight ahead.

Comment

I don’t like the bridge crossings in some of the Western States. The one made out of square grate that you can see through. Have no idea why they bother me but when you are crossing and can hear it

Comment

Working...
                              X