No announcement yet.

GMG vs. Pitts and Spitts Pellet Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMG here I like mine , Cleaning the fire box every time is what I do . Mine works great . But its not 3 years old yet so cannot say much to long term . I bought the middle size wefi unit I really like it . But I would buy larger when the time comes .

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
      If your in Houston, check out Pitts By JJ just down the street from Pitts n Spitts. I thought they had pretty much went bt y the wayside, or go up the street to Pitt Makers all three (3) companies are all in a row or used to be on 59/69 North
      Pitt Maker is the original owners of Pitt and spitts.

Comment

I have had the middle sized GMG(Daniel Boone) WIFI model with Stainless lid for 2.5 years now and love it to this point, and still feel it has alot of life left. I did recently have to change out the Temp sensor, but they sent me one for free, and it was an easy swap out. At the time I bought it, I wasnt 100% sure I would like the Pellet Smoker, but have loved it so far and its versatility. I liked the WIFI features which at the time, weren't available on the other units I was looking at. I keep mine covered, and underneath a covered patio.

Comment

I also have the GMG Daniel Boone with Stainless/WiFi. I’ve had it for about a year now and no complaints. It controls temperature good and the WiFi is really nice. I would recommend getting that for sure. I can leave the house and watch meat temps, calibrate the thermometer, adjust temps, etc.

Comment

I’ve had a Blazn’Grillworks Grand Slam for about 3 years. Just replaced the igniter last week, their new grills have a ceramic igniter that is a big improvement. Mine is heavy duty, should outlast me and I use it at least twice a week, turn it on and cook.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
              I’ve had a Blazn’Grillworks Grand Slam for about 3 years. Just replaced the igniter last week, their new grills have a ceramic igniter that is a big improvement. Mine is heavy duty, should outlast me and I use it at least twice a week, turn it on and cook.
              Interesting......

Comment

I sold my gmg because I didn’t like the way if fluctuated heat so I bought a Yoder and in your case a pits n spits.

Comment

Pitts and Spits all the way. Would be willing to bet $100 that a GMG would not look this good after 4 year. Customer Service is awesome as well. Had my controller go out (probably due to a surge) and they replaced it - no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like I can pick up a GMG for about $650 the way I want it with all the accessories. The P&S will be $2,400 for the same operational features and accessories.

I hate to say it, I am probably going the GMG route.

Btw, P&S is moving from their current location this week to I45 N and Calvacade.
                    Last edited by Greenheadless; 01-28-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      Looks like I can pick up a GMG for about $650 the way I want it with all the accessories. The P&S will be $2,400 for the same operational features and accessories.

I hate to say it, I am probably going the GMG route.

Btw, P&S is moving from their current location this week to I45 N and Calvacade.
                      If you don’t mind me asking, where are you getting that kind of deal? I’m on the fence with this as well.

Comment

I haven’t close the deal yet, if I do, I will let you know. For clarification, I am looking at the Daniel Boone.

Bargaining chip right now is GMG is releasing a new updated line to hit the market in April, so dealers should be motivated to unload their current inventory.

Comment

GMG is got a new line coming out called prime. They have all the good mods.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X