2020 Kayak Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Kayak Fishing Thread

Since there are several threads weekly on kayaking, let’s do a central thread Like the saltwater for everyone! Few more good months of fishing until Hunting season is in full swing.

Post pics, info, questions, and such here if you want. Tight lines amigos

Picked up the new water sealed yesterday. Steal of a deal on a never used Hobie ProAngler 12. Lowrance Elite 4x set up and ready to go. I’ll add some navigation lights and yak power controls in the new few days. This is truly the Cadillac of kayaks. Itching to get it wet, which I probably will tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to Matty yesterday for a yak trip. Ended up with a keeper trout & 4 big croakers to make a meal for me & momma. Lost count of the reds I caught 16 to 19 7/8 in. For the life of me ,couldn't squeeze one enough to make 20 inches. LOL! Great morning on the water!

Comment

Won’t knock you for keeping them croakers. Some dam fine eating imo. My last trip was just like yours.

Comment

Added some 4” led Navigation lights this evening. All ready to go go now.

Comment

I am wanting to do a BTB trip. Never done one and would like some pointers and maybe some others to join. Anyone interested?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              I am wanting to do a BTB trip. Never done one and would like some pointers and maybe some others to join. Anyone interested?
              Where are you planning to fish in your new yak? How about the BTB trip, what does it look like for you?

I'm always looking for a new place to put in and fish. PM me if you have specific questions.

BTW, that yak looks great!

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post
                Where are you planning to fish in your new yak? How about the BTB trip, what does it look like for you?

I'm always looking for a new place to put in and fish. PM me if you have specific questions.

BTW, that yak looks great!

Todd
                I will for sure being taking it out this wkend at the coast. Then again next wkend. I can fish pretty much any day of the week as my work ‘schedule’ is flexible. I want to go out today or tomorrow to Medina lake or a lake around San Antonio. Haven’t been on any of those lakes before. Honestly I’m down to fish anywhere

Comment

Anyone out on the water today!?! Bout to load up and head out for some salty water action

Comment

Picked up a new to me ascend the other day. going to do some rigging and get it all over modified.. haha.

Tbh'r Loftin and I will be headed back to matagorda in November and we'll be taking the kayaks. I'd do a BTB trip, as I've never done it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Finally was able to make it out yesterday in the kayak for the first time. Man what a blast. Kayak is a feelfree moken 12.5 v1. Was surprised at how stable and easy it way to paddle and fish out of. Looking forward to really using it some more now

Comment

What’s a BTB trip?

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                          What’s a BTB trip?
                          Beyond the breakers.

Comment

Big fat swing and a miss for me today. Was jigging for crappie and got blown around pretty good.

Comment

I’ll take y’all BTB. We go almost every weekend that the weather permits.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X