No announcement yet.

Jackson Hole, WY - Late September Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good advice in this thread. My favorite time of the year to be up there. A few years ago we got six inches of snow on October 1st so bring a jacket. Elk will be bugling great and should be easy to find in Grand Teton. Fish are hungry and trying to get fat for winter so bring your fly rod. Some of the guides who are booked up all summer are available this time of the year if you are interested in that. You can do Yellowstone but it makes for a very long day trip. I’ve seen grizzlies in Grand Teton many times in late September. Have a burger at The Bird. Lots of awesome day trips in every direction from Jackson depending on what you want to do. Pasta Company in Moose is a great place to eat on the deck in the shadow of the Tetons. Pink G’s pizza delivers in Jackson and it is darn good. No matter what you do it will be a great trip.

Comment

I just got back thursday from there..saw 2 moose in the Tetons and went to YS and saw wolves and 3 Griz. Hit up Mormon Row, Jenny Lake.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a pepperoni pretzel at Sidewinders

For a nice dinner, I recommend Local. Get the Elk Chop. It’s right next to Million Dollar Cowboy.

Check out the Elk Refuge.

If your interested in some flyfishing, Driggs, ID is just an hour drive and you’re on the Henry Fork of the Snake River or in Teton River Gorge. I recommend Teton Valley Lodge in Driggs.

Jackson is one of my favorite areas to visit if you can get over the fact that your plane looks like it’s gonna kiss a mountain right before it banks right to touchdown on the runway. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep me coming

Comment

Spend most of your time in the tetons would be my recommendation

Hike to Solitude lake is awesome and worth it

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
              Keep me coming

Huh?

Comment

You probably won't have time, but the Beartooth Highway and the NE part of the park is the most spectacular...possibly in the USA.

Comment

All the dining recs are good ones, some outstanding choices. Driving and hiking thru Teton Park is really nice then. Lots of scenery and chances for wildlife. Should plan at least 4 hours, and probably all day. Since you have a vehicle, make use of it. Stop at the Creekside Market right in town on way out north, and load up on great sandwiches and drinks for a road trip. If you want a seldom seen by others look at the valley and Tetons, go along the North elk Refuge Road and drive up to Curtis Canyon Campground. Way up above the elk refuge and only a 3-4 mile drive from downtown. Do the Gros Ventre loop up to Kelly and around Blacktail Butte. Drive into the Fish Hatchery and do the tour with a volunteer for an hour, right north of town. Drive up to Moran Junction and go towards Togwatee Pass and Dubois. Tops out around 9500 feet, and some gorgeous views of granite mountains.

Comment

Use your rented truck and drive to see wildlife. Watch for wildlife but whenever there are cars pulled over as there is a reason. That is how you will see most of your wildlife by stopping near cars that are already pulled over. There is a gravel road through the South part of the Tetons that is great for viewing a lot of wildlife. Tetons seem to have more moose but Yellowstone has more wolves. Elk and bear are plentiful both places. In my opinion you are going on the best vacation anywhere. It sure beats places with a lot op people and hectic rides.

Comment

Elk will be very visible in Yellowstone . The NER road is also good spot to see some bighorn sheep. Stay off the refuge itself though.

Comment

Buffalo chicken sandwich at snake river brewery is epic

Comment

Melvin has the hoppiest beer in Wyoming if you're so inclined, down in Alpine.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Huh?

Whoops lol

Comment

We're in Jackson now and most restaurants are either closed or long line. Masks are required in public, hopefully all that will be over before you come.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                                I hunted elk a couple miles south of Jackson last year September 26th - October 1st. We had bright 60 degree sunny days (my avatar), as well as a couple inches of snow and in the 30s all in 6 days. So be ready for any weather. Beautiful country, wish I was going back!!
                                What unit did you hunt and what outfitter did you use? I'm hunting there the last week in September and absolutely looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X