Energy savings events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy savings events

Is there a smart thermometer that won't turn this crap on? I have a older ecobee and this event is getting old. It just changed my temp to 89° until 5:40pm. I can cancel them, but usually gets up to around 75-76 before I catch them. We leave the temp at 70 during the day, mainly cuz we have a 2 month old. Normally it's still around 72.

Nobody has a smart thermostat?

Comment

Mine is old school, it won’t be doing anything unless we lay hands on it.

Comment

Sensi

Mine only follows the schedule I created. Has been flawless the two years I have had it. Fairly inexpensive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Mine is old school, it won’t be doing anything unless we lay hands on it.
          Same. And if it changes anything to 89 imma lay hands on it big time!

Comment

…..

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              Sensi

Mine only follows the schedule I created. Has been flawless the two years I have had it. Fairly inexpensive as well.
              What I have as well. I like it.

Whe I leave for the weekend, I will turn the schedule off, then turn it back on while on the drive back home.

Comment

I have one of the nest, I didn’t know about these events but came home to a hot house yesterday. Wonder if that is why.

Comment

Changing a thermostat is a fairly easy thing to do and manual units are cheap.

Comment

I have a Honeywell and it’s never changed from what I set it.

Comment

I’d bet you have your household/thermostat registered with the City/utility provider via a rebate program; I know in Austin there is a rebate program that you can participate in that will give you savings if you participate/allow them to bump up your temp during peak demand times.

Comment

70 degrees here and it is sweet. Honeywell Pro from what I remember. Pretty sure it is set as a permanent hold.

Comment

Honeywell 6000 or 8000 series WiFi tstat
                          If you take part in a city program you give control over to them

Comment

I have a Honeywell. It is easy to instal (if I can do it, it is easy) and easy to program, works great.

Comment

Working...
                            X