Nock Out Lighted Nock Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the days of making my own lighted nocks behind me, I've started trying what's out there for lighted nocks. I liked the original Nockturnals but haven't had good luck with my last few of the newer ones since Rage bought them out. Plus they are a pain to

I saw a new lighted nock on a quick pass through the archery section of my local Walmart last week. It's called the Nock Out lighted nock made by Clean-Shot. I liked that it came in single packs so I could try one. I also liked that it came with little sleeves to fit different sized arrow shafts.

I love these nocks! I've been shooting it for about a week now, and it's so much easier to use than a Nockturnal. You can keep it on practice mode and not light it up or turn the collar to light mode to practice with it on.

Jury is still out on the longevity of these, but I am a big fan after the first week.

From their website:

Practice Mode: A simple 1/4 turn of the silver activation collar deactivates the LED. Now, you can decide if you want the LED to light or not.

Easy Off: Simply pull the nock straight back until you hear a "click" and the LED turns off - no tools, no magnets, and it remains indexed to your vanes. Lighted nocks shouldn't take longer to turn off than it does to shoot them.

Universal Fit: Each package includes 3 precision orange bushings to fit the 5 most common carbon arrow shafts on the market. If you use a variety of arrow shafts sizes, or have a family of archers, you won't need to purchase multiple lighted nocks.

Sounds like a good deal. I just got a few of the nockturnals and only shot.em a few times but im likin this practice mode idea

Comment

Clean shot seems to be a pretty solid company. I emailed them about an issue with one of their outserts and got an email back within a couple of hours.

Any idea what they weigh?

Comment

i looked at these the other day. i shoot FMJ's now, and, these ^^^^ should be adaptable with my arrows with the sleeves. i'm kinda in the same boat as others with nocturnals being iffy, and, i don't like the prep stuff with lumenoks. ( plus i hated wiggling them to turn them off ). we'll see !

Comment

I'm shooting FMJ and they fit great.

Site says 21-24 grains each depending on the bushing (sleeve) you need. For comparison...Lumenok 26.6 grains and Nockturnal 20 grains based on what I can find online.

Comment

i went to the website and they answered one of my questions / concerns ;

4. It looks like the nock adds length to the arrow. How much length does it add and does it affect the POI?

Answer: The design of the NOCK OUT with universal fit requires part of the LED/battery to be outside the shaft which adds about 1/2” to the shaft. All of our shooters (including those who shoot out to 80 yards) have not notice any change in POI (Point of Impact) and have opted not to make any adjustment to their shaft. While the added length weakens the spine, the added weight of the lighted nock strengths the spine for a balanced effect. For a more detailed explanation on why POI isn't affected, see the review on www.whitetailkillers.com.

Comment

I like!!!

Comment

I just picked up 2 packs!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure where they get that added weight on the back of the shaft strengthens spine. According to everything I've read and what those with much more knowledge than me say, that's just simply not true.

Comment

How much are they running?

Comment

$9 for singles at Walmart. They sell 3 packs for $28 online. I haven't noticed any difference in POI compared to my standard nocks.

I must be the only one that a half inch more length and 20 grains of extra weight added to my arrows has ZERO effect on my killing a deer or hog.

Comment

They look nice ill have to give them a try.

Comment

Got mine on eBay for $26 for a 3 pack

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
                            I'm not sure where they get that added weight on the back of the shaft strengthens spine. According to everything I've read and what those with much more knowledge than me say, that's just simply not true.

Any weight to back half of the arrow in any way does increase the spine of the arrow. It is an absolute fact. Hell I thought that was common knowledge just like adding more weight in the front goes the other way with spine deflection.

Comment

I sure have liked them a lot. Don't matter what shaft size you have they all fit lol at least the X size did

Comment

Working...
                              X