Nockturnal Helios range report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nockturnal Helios range report

This afternoon I shot identical CE Maxima Red 350 shafts from my 70lb. Creed. I used the same Thunderhead 125 broadhead on both shafts. One shaft had helical-fletched 2" Blazer vanes, the other Helios vane nock combo. Both shafts gave 1.5-2" groups at 20 yards, but the Helios shaft hit about 9" lower and 2" left with considerably more noise in flight. I attribute the trajectory difference primarily to drag, but the Helios is likely heavier too. That is an astounding difference at just 20 yards, and in my opinion represents an unnecessary loss of velocity and energy, far beyond what is necessary to stabilize even a large fixed blade broadhead. Thumbs down from me.

sorry to hear that...... i read reviews on a product thread that didn't give them many praises either. they were supposedly the "deal" when they were announced / released, but, it doesn't appear so.

Comment

Ya...I'll pass

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
        sorry to hear that...... i read reviews on a product thread that didn't give them many praises either. they were supposedly the "deal" when they were announced / released, but, it doesn't appear so.

Exactly! I'm goin with a 4 fletch Vanetech HP

Comment

Good to know.

I quit using FoBs recently, so it looks like these definitely aren't replacing my blazers!

Comment

Working...
          X