Brazos Valley Food Bank Charity Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos Valley Food Bank Charity Shoot

Hey, y'all! We are hosting our annual Food Bank charity shoot. Bring pantry items as your entry fee for this FRED BEAR style 3D course. As usual, we'll provide FREE chili and drinks.

Sunday, Dec. 10. 11 am shotgun start. This is always a fun shoot!

PS Our new web site is up - www.brazoscountyarchery.com

Define "FRED BEAR" style course.

Comment

Yes, please do. Thinking about making it.

Comment

There will be one stake for adults and one stake for kids. All targets will be within 30 yards.

Normal 3D classes apply.

Scoring and target set up is what is different.

Targets will be set in realistic situations. Some will be behind a wall of brush, but shootable. Some may be quartered so hard a shot is unethical.

Ethical shots are what it is about.

Scoring -

Inside the 10 ring (no 12's): 10 points
        Between the 8 ring and 10 ring: 5 points
        Outside the 8: Negative 5 points
        Declined shot: 1 point
        Miss: 0

Sometimes we've seen people with 15 points win their class.

This will be for bragging rights and fun only. We will not give out prizes because of the nature of the shoot - charity.

Again - we'll have free chili and drinks for everyone.

We also have a barrel that we'll light a fire in for people to stand around and warm up with.

Comment

If you are worried about the -5, say on a tight shot, you can always take a 0 for the target and not shoot it. I know many people who have done this to save a score.

These are fun hunting oriented shoots. I encourage everyone to come out.

Comment

Looks like TCD and i will go and be taking the kids with us....

Comment

look forward to y'all coming. I enjoyed talking to Ronda last night.

Comment

Brian, You and Rhonda will love this place!! Tracy can set upa KILLER course if she want's to. I am sure all that shoot this will have a blast, and it is going to a VERY worthy cause!! More clubs should and/or could get something like this going on. Good Luck and have fun guys!!

Comment

I believe Thomas and I will be there.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you, Randy. We need to talk about a hog hunt at James Foster's place.

Comment

Tracey,

can you post a link for directions or is it members only?
                      sounds like a fun time, 45 minutes to a hour from Magnolia ain't that far!!

Comment

Our map is on the Shoot Schedule link on the web site.

Y'all - the shoot schedule looks like a California start schedule, but this year we went back to Shotgun starts. 11 am.

Comment

We have a 30% chance for rain, but don't let that stop you. We'll still shoot!

Comment

Ok, now it is a 50% chance, but don't let that stop you! It won't stop us!

Free venison chili! Yummie!

Comment

Well due to missing 2 days of work,i'm gonna make those days up tjhis Sat and Sun.So we wont be able to make it,but good luck to the ones that go.

Comment

Working...
                              X