Finger food recipe or ideas needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger food recipe or ideas needed

We are going to a little bonfire get together next weekend and everyone is bringing snacky finger foods. I need some ideas for something to take that have venison in it.

Summer sausage, cheese and crackers.. .It dont get much better then that

Comment

venison poppers are always good. there is also a killer backstrap wrap recipe here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mharris1 View Post
        venison poppers are always good. there is also a killer backstrap wrap recipe here somewhere.
        can you elaborate on the poppers?

Comment

Marinate small venison strips in Dales steak marinade for 15 minutes. Cut jalepeno in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Fill with cream cheese. Top with a small piece of venison. Wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Grill until bacon is done. (Charcoal works best for this. You will have a huge fire if you use a gas grille)

Another variation is to use maple bacon and drizzle with maple syrup while they cook.

You can do this with shrimp, fajita meat, dove breast, anything you like. You cant go wrong with these.

Pretty much a staple food around my house.
          Last edited by mharris1; 10-16-2011, 05:58 AM.

Comment

mushrooms wrapped in bacon with onions moterrella cheese and if you want sliced jalepino!!

Comment

Make sloppy Joe mix with ground venison. Roll it up in pillsbury crescent rolls and bake it. OMG!!!

Shank 'em!

Comment

I second the Poppers!!!

Comment

Poppers are great but you have to cook and eat them right there.

From your description iy sounds like you need to go with something prepared.

one of the snack things I do that friends rave about are spicy ranch crackers.

THE DAY BEFORE in a 2 1/2 gallon ziplock (the GIANT ones) pour in:

1 box saltine crackers (all four packets)

add olive oil and toss until crackers are well coated (with just a little extra dripping off) and then add:

1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
                  red pepper flakes (to taste) I add a lot...

toss again until it is all well distributed and then occasionally toss it again occasionally when you think about it.

Take the zip lock bag to the party and serve in a big bowl.

They are ALWAYS a huge hit. I will make a batch in hunting camp and that's the first place people come when they get in...

Comment

Working...
                  X