deer burger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deer burger

anyone have a recipes for deer burgers ,, you know like half beef or pork and half deer, what spices , do you put ja. and cheder or anything like that

thanks

I mix mine 50/50 with an 80/20 beef to give it a little fat and make it stick together. I always season it with garlic, salt and pepper on a jalapeno sour dough bun.

Comment

I mix one pound of maple smoked bacon to every ten pounds of deer meat.....

Comment

Originally posted by wayne 20 View Post
        one my fav ways to make them as well

Comment

I call mine the "Big Kahuna Burger". I mix in mustard, seasoning salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. I only use deer meat in it. My B-I-L would mix in an egg or two.

Comment

I take onion soup mix, cheddar pieces, bacon ends, and a little salsa and mix in the with burgers. talk about gooooooood!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne 20 View Post
              x100!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this makes the best burgers ever!!!

Comment

We use all venison and add a package of Lipton Beffy Onion dry soup mix to about every 2# of meat. Let the meat stand so the soup adsorbs the moisture. Also add salt, pepper and Worchester. They are plenty moist without the grease.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                  We use all venison and add a package of Lipton Beffy Onion dry soup mix to about every 2# of meat. Let the meat stand so the soup adsorbs the moisture. Also add salt, pepper and Worchester. They are plenty moist without the grease.
                  sounds delicious

Comment

i use all venison and cut up green and yellow onion sometimes bell pepper and shredded cheese mix it all together and make patties it keeps them moist mmmmmm good

Comment

When we make sausage, we just grind some venison together with beef brisket at a 50/50 mix. We squeeze the gound burger into the freezer bags. You then take out and use just like the hamburger you buy in the store. Season as you use it in your recipe's. I usually make 100 - 150# each year, and it's gone before the next season starts.

Comment

when you add bacon , do you just grind it up and mix or do you cook first then add , i have seen it both ways ?

so beef is better to use than pork ?

ok so this is what im going with , let me know what you think or if i need to add or change anything

7lbs deer
                        3bls beef 80-20
                        1.5bls bacon , maple or reg
                        1 shalet
                        4-5 garlic cloves
                        salt and pepper to taste
                        1/4 cup worshtishire sauce

just not sure if i should cook the bacon or just grind it all up together ?

what say the green screan?
                        Last edited by h2447intx; 10-05-2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

i grind the bacon, then the meat then mix and regrind both together. all it takes is a package of bacon tips and pieces.

Comment

I use 2# deer meat and 1# 80/20 beef mixed together, dived chipotle in a can and shredded cheese mix it all together salt and pepper on burgers and dig in

Comment

my processor will add 5% beef fat
                              I chop up bacon and jalepenos and mix with the meat, and seasonings
                              add a slice of pepper jack on top

ground meat used to be the last thing remaining meat in the freezer, now it's the first gone

Comment

Working...
                              X