No announcement yet.

Help with f.o.c.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I ordered the .300's today from Lancaster. $47.00 to my door!!! The brass inserts should be here before the shafts. Do y'all think I will have any actual tuning changes besides moving my sights?

Comment

different diameter arrows will sit in a rest so there might be an adjustment there, maybe the knocking point too. I would retune altogether, its a totally different setup for you.

Comment

Help with f.o.c.

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
        different diameter arrows will sit in a rest so there might be an adjustment there, maybe the knocking point too. I would retune altogether, its a totally different setup for you.

Well I'm using the same shafts I have now. Just stiffer spine and more foc. Hopefully it isn't a lot. If so I maybe spending more money at gmatsu23

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          Ok I ordered the .300's today from Lancaster. $47.00 to my door!!! The brass inserts should be here before the shafts. Do y'all think I will have any actual tuning changes besides moving my sights?
          It want be much adjustment. If I haven't missed something your using a 100 gn head and 50 gn insert. That's only 11 to 14 gns over just shooting 125 gn with standard aluminum insert. That's nothing. Other then tuning for the stiffer spine if you shoot no more then 30 yards you won't have much of a sight change unless the 300 spine is a lot heavier then the 350 spine. I didn't look up so I don't know the weight difference.

If your wanting to just play around with the arrow. Go to tuffheads web. Dr Ashby has a article on how to tune a high foc arrow. Buy some field points from 100 to 300 gn and have fun.

My hunting arrow is a gold tip velocity 26.5 in. With 225 gn up front. Arrows around 480 gn foc is around 20. Don't remember exactly.
          Last edited by enewman; 08-28-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
            It want be much adjustment. If I haven't missed something your using a 100 gn head and 50 gn insert. That's only 11 to 14 gns over just shooting 125 gn with standard aluminum insert. That's nothing. Other then tuning for the stiffer spine if you shoot no more then 30 yards you won't have much of a sight change unless the 300 spine is a lot heavier then the 350 spine. I didn't look up so I don't know the weight difference.

If your wanting to just play around with the arrow. Go to tuffheads web. Dr Ashby has a article on how to tune a high foc arrow. Buy some field points from 100 to 300 gn and have fun.

My hunting arrow is a gold tip velocity 26.5 in. With 225 gn up front. Arrows around 480 gn foc is around 20. Don't remember exactly.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X