No announcement yet.

Quieting string noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the day I would make some out of yarn. We call the puffs. Just cut several pieces of yarn about 3" long and use a piece to tie them onto the string. You will be surprised at how much it will dampen the noise. I use to shot Hoyt back in the day and I would tie 2 on top and bottom to shut it up.

Comment

Originally posted by centexsportsman View Post
      Like that DIY! I'm thinking about adding a bow-mounted string stop. Wondering if the string hitting it makes a slapping noise.?.?. I shoot a Mathews Switchback XT. It has the rubber stops next to the cams, and I use monkey tails. Any thoughts on whether the string stop will help?

I don't know about on your Mathews but when I added the sims string stop I noticed a big difference. I will not own another bow without one.

Comment

another heavier arrow vote

Comment

If the bow mounted string stop is done properly...credit card distance from the string....it is an essential part of noise dampening. All the other methods work. The best though is heavier arrows since the noise is essentially left over energy from the launching of the arrow.
          Roy

Comment

Bowjax my man

Comment

Cat whiskers, heavy arrow and string stop

Comment

Working...
              X