Duck recipes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck recipes???

anyone got any good duck recipes? everyone says it is good but when i had some it tasted like mud

#1 do not over cook it .........

Comment

One of my favorite recipes to use for duck, it can be made all in one pot.

1 dead (preferably) duck, breasted and chopped into cubes
      1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, skinless and boneless, cut into cubes or 1-inch strips
      1 lb of your favorite sausage
      1 tsp vegetable oil
      1/4 cup flour
      3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
      1 cup white potatoes (1/2 lb), cubed
      1 cup onions, chopped
      1 cup carrots (1/2 lb), coarsely chopped
      1/4 cup celery, chopped
      1/2 medium carrot, grated
      4 cloves garlic, finely minced
      2 stalks scallion, chopped
      1 whole bay leaf
      1/2 tsp thyme
      1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
      2 tsps hot (or jalapeƱo) pepper
      1 cup okra (1/2 lb), sliced into 1/2-inch pieces

Add oil to a large pot. Heat pot over medium flame. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until flour begins to turn golden brown. Slowly stir in all the broth using a wire whisk and cook for 2 minutes. The mixture should not be lumpy. Toss the duck in the trash and then add all ingredients except okra. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Add okra and let cook for 15 to 20 more minutes. Remove bay leaf. Serve hot in a bowl or over rice.

Comment

Just added pics to this thread after making some a few weeks ago.

Comment

I asked my dad about this last season and he told me soak it in red wine (or your fave variety) for 12 hrs and remove then cook in recipe of your choice. The wine soak he said removes the ick most people experience with wild duck.

Comment

We filet the breast meat off the bone. Soak em in buttermilk over night. Marinate them for a couple hours in fajita marinade. Cook on a real hot mesquite fire real fast and only to about medium rare. Slice em just like you would slice beef fajitas. With all the fixins they make pretty darn good tacos.

Comment

Working...
            X