Wild hog meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild hog meat

What's good to marinate wild hog with? How long do I marinate it? And what's a good basting sauce to use. I want to smoke or grill a whole hog.

I just use a dry rub. I also put about a half a stick of butter, two cloves of garlic and a whole onion(cut) inside the cavity. Smoke with just the rub for 2-2 1/2hrs, then put the stuff in the cavity, wrap in foil, back on the pit for a nother couple hours. There ya go!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Its Nasty do not try to eat! Just let me know and I will come get it and dispose of it for you.

Comment

montreal steak seasoning

Comment

McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade. Mix with water and canola oil. The water dissolves the marinade and the oil makes it stick. Apply marinade after you punch holes in the meat with a tenderizer device. After marinading, wash the used marinade off. Don't forget that you can inject the meat with Tony Chachere's wild game marinade too. As for the baste, you can use another package of McCormick mesquite marinade mixed with canola oil, Worcestershire sauce, and herbs of your choice. Be sure and turn your meat often (like on a rotisserie) or the meat will dry out pretty quick. Remember ... Important ... be sure that the thickest part of your meat meat areas reach at least 175 degrees to assure that you kill all bacteria that may make you and your family sick. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X