No announcement yet.

2020 “modified buffalo” fall plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can break the weed cycle, but it takes dedication and consistency. For example, I ended up with a REALLY bad infestation of grass burrs in 2 of my food plots. It was so bad I couldn't let the dog out of the side by side because she would make it 5 yards and stop with loaded up paws. I sprayed a grass specific herbicide 4x last year beginning in the spring and by the late summer I was not getting any new germination following a rain. I expect I will have to do something similar this year too, but likely not as frequently or on as much ground. After each subsequent application it was apparent I was not getting nearly the volunteers.

Comment

Lowfence, are you using a grain drill or a no till drill?

Comment

I call it a no till...

Cuts row, drops seed, packer wheel behind it

Comment

WHen is the best time to plant a summer plot of lablab and soybeans? I will obviously monitor and do it before a big rain. But if this end of March, early April?

Comment

What area?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              What area?
              Central Texas. Also got a place in North Texas, but we got someone else to plant that

Comment

IS Easter weekend too early to plant a summer plot of lablab and soybeans in Central Tx?

Still struggling with what method I want to do.

I have a nice, tall winter plot now and can't decide if I want to spray, grain drill then shred or grain drill then shred the plot real low and keep what I have growing until natural die off?

Comment

Working...
                X