Anybody here bike to the stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if anybody here has a bicycle that they ride into the stand? I would like to see your set ups. I recently came into a great deal on an electric bike that I could not refuse. Now I just need to get it set up to carry a gun/bow with me. Plus any other things you may think I need. Post pics of how you set yours up.

I ride my mountain bike to the stand as long as it is not muddy. I have a back pack that has straps for my bow. I just use a headlamp to light the path.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
      I ride my mountain bike to the stand as long as it is not muddy. I have a back pack that has straps for my bow. I just use a headlamp to light the path.

You ever thought about mounting like a rack like a atv rack to hold a gun?

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
        You ever thought about mounting like a rack like a atv rack to hold a gun?

I haven't, I only bow hunt during deer season. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to mount something to the handlebars for a rifle.

There are some set ups in here with trailers and gun racks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
          I haven't, I only bow hunt during deer season. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to mount something to the handlebars for a rifle.

There are some set ups in here with trailers and gun racks.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ght=bike+stand
          That is awesome. I guess I should have done a search first. I also carry a bow in the gun racks. It works quite well.

Comment

I tried to bike in a couple times, did not go well. My place is very sandy and a lot of elevation changes. I ended up walking the bike back to the road where it was flat again.

And even on a 20 degree morning I was still sweating a lot.

I have considered going the golf cart route, just haven't had the cash to attempt it.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              I tried to bike in a couple times, did not go well. My place is very sandy and a lot of elevation changes. I ended up walking the bike back to the road where it was flat again.

And even on a 20 degree morning I was still sweating a lot.

I have considered going the golf cart route, just haven't had the cash to attempt it.

J
              My bike is a fat tire electric bike so hopefully no sweating. That is why I got it. I had a golf cart before, but was afraid I was going to ruin the batteries going slow through the hog damage. So I sold it and got a helluva deal on this bike. I was actually looking on Amazon at the conversion kits to turn a regular bike into an electric bike. They are a lot cheaper than I thought they would be.

Comment

Gave it a try on a mountain bike. Couldn't keep air in the tires. Went back to walking in.

Comment

a buddy that lives in Wyoming who’s always bragging about the 500,000 acres right outside Casper that he hunts uses a mountain bike on huge areas.

He bought an add on electric motor for his mountain bike that you can engage or still use the bike normally. He can get about a 20 mile range on electric only. Much more if you offset with some peddling.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    My bike is a fat tire electric bike so hopefully no sweating. That is why I got it. I had a golf cart before, but was afraid I was going to ruin the batteries going slow through the hog damage. So I sold it and got a helluva deal on this bike. I was actually looking on Amazon at the conversion kits to turn a regular bike into an electric bike. They are a lot cheaper than I thought they would be.
                    Oh man, didn't think of a conversion kit. Will have to look into those.

Cant do the cost of the factory electric bike.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                      Oh man, didn't think of a conversion kit. Will have to look into those.

Cant do the cost of the factory electric bike.

J
                      They have them for fat tire and regular on amazon. Comes with a back tire and everything you need except the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        a buddy that lives in Wyoming who’s always bragging about the 500,000 acres right outside Casper that he hunts uses a mountain bike on huge areas.

He bought an add on electric motor for his mountain bike that you can engage or still use the bike normally. He can get about a 20 mile range on electric only. Much more if you offset with some peddling.

The ones on amazon look different, but are the same concept.

Comment

In Texas, can an electric bike be used where motorized vehicles are not allowed? If you're assisting by pedaling, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dbap View Post
                            In Texas, can an electric bike be used where motorized vehicles are not allowed? If you're assisting by pedaling, why not?
                            I dont think so, but I am not entirely sure on that one. I am lucky and get to hunt a buddies farm. my stand is about a half mile as the crow flies so in October I am sweating bullets by the time I get there walking. So this is my solution.

Comment

I looked in the other threads on here. Anybody else have any pics of things they have done to their bikes?

Comment

Working...
                              X