Retirement trip ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement trip ideas?

My dad is retiring in April. My brother and I want to get him an outdoors experience for the three of us. June-July. Roughly 4K budget. Ideas? We are looking for something memorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska! Specifically anywhere around Denali State Park. During the summer its incredible!

Comment

Check up on some of those drop in fish camps up north. Cabin,small lake with small boat, and walleye for lunch. That would be an awesome trip

Comment

Horseback pack in trip in Colorado or Montana...wall tents....trout streams....fly rods....

Comment

The fishing looks awesome at Chuckfu’s place in Costa Rica

Comment

Yellowstone National Park with side fishing on the Big Horn, Henry’s Fork of the Snake River and the Yellowstone outside the park. Spring for a couple nights of lodging at the hotels in the park.

Side trip to Bozeman/big sky area and fishing on the Gallatin. Get him a nice pair of binoculars and a little digital camera.

Comment

Any more? I’m wondering about tarpon in FL? Idaho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spring Bear Hunt in Renous, New Brunswick in Canada. Big Paw Outfitters. $1500 a piece. Not the biggest bears in Canada for sure, but a lot of them and really great people and food. Thursday night was all you can eat fresh lobsters right out the Marimici bay. It was legit. All 6 people in our group took bears. It was a great trip.

Comment

This is a great fly in trip and well within your budget.

Comment

Before I tried gong to Florida on a tarpon fishing trip on $4k I would try Costa Rica. Probably come out cheaper and better fishery

Comment

Yep- Alaska fishing or hunting. Done it and it was incredible.

Comment

Alaska fishing!

Comment

Cast and blast on the king ranch would be a great retirement trip for me.

Or a overnight float trip on the Brazos. Trout fishing on the white river
                          was fun and very memorable.

Great idea for a trip by you guys!

BP

Comment

Working...
                          X