Headed to Brownsville for work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good eats:

El Ultimo Taco right off the expressway near the price road exit.

Dirty Al's is good for seafood. It's right on the expressway near the Morrison road exit.

Emilia's has **** good breakfast and lunch. 5182 S Padre Island Hwy, Brownsville, TX 78521

If you get really adventurous Tacos Otro Rollo on Southmost is our go to whenever we stay at my in laws.

Stay away from Los Camperos. Overpriced and mediocre food.

Los Fresnos:

Taqueria El Cien is one that has been mentioned. **** good tacos and charro beans. Only thing is that I was there in December and their ice maker about drove me crazy. That sucker is loud. This is on Hwy 100 just east of FM 803.

Elvas is a great place for breakfast. Their carne guisada tacos are freaking amazing. Off of Hwy 100 in Los Fresnos.

South Padre Island:

Louie's Backyard has an awesome buffet with seafood and prime rib. You can dine overlooking the bay.

Dirty Al's has a location on the Island as well.

Blackbeard's is a great place to eat as well and is a local favorite.

Fishing: Surf is good. I used to wade fish the bay on the north side of the Island. You just have to drive down the road and look for trails that cut off the road. Over the years much of the places have had owners build up sand to keep people out and it's been about 7 years since I've been so not sure what access is like anymore. If you go out there pay attention where you park and bring out your trash. Others have mentioned South Bay. It is accessible through Boca Chica beach but can be a little hairy at times and watch where you park.

Hunting: Best white-wing hunting in the state. Great public hunting by draw at Laguna Atascosa.

Comment

Louie's Upstairs sportsbar has really good mesquite grilled fajitas. The tortillas are store bought but the filling makes up for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

5-6 trips to the Island a year. This is where we eat.

Chilito Pikin on SPI for breakfast
        Painted Marlin is a good spot to sit outside, have a meal and watch the boats
        Joes Oyster Bar(Port Isabel)
        Padre Island Brewing
        Liams
        Daddy's
        Dirty Al's
        Mahi Nate
        Senor Donkey
        Mexiquito(Port Isabel)
        The Kraken for late night arrivals...they sell food late and are at the end of our block.

Comment

Made down here.
          Y'all keep the info coming.

It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.

Comment

The Vermillion has good ceviche and loaded nachos. Expressway and Boca Chica.

C&C Wings has awesome wings and cold beer.

Comment

Take a little drive to McAllen and go to Koko's Cafe. Get some queso flameado, the Koko's special, and a margarita. They're absolutely awesome.

Every time I go home to Texas my cousins meet me there.
              Last edited by BigFoot; 02-11-2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                man, with negative comments on thievery and not being able to speak Spanish...it's a wonder a white boy like myself has survived living down here all my life....it's no different than anywhere else folks...jeez....
                This gringo agrees with you.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  Made down here.
                  Y'all keep the info coming.

Glad you made it safe.

Comment

It be great if you did a review of your visit.

Comment

You’re staying in Brownsville?

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                        You’re staying in Brownsville?
                        Yes Motel 6 , they left a light on for me.[emoji16]
                        My shift at work is 1pm to 12am.

Comment

I showed one of the locals I showed one of the locals the places that y'all said to go eat and they said all of them were excellent choices [emoji106]

Comment

You should be popping corks under the lights and cooking your own meals ! you got a pit for blackened red fishs ? common man go prepared. I got some salt water gear for ya, but 8hrs away LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X