Buying replacement truck parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying replacement truck parts

For the DIY’ers, where is the best place to buy replacement truck parts? I’ve got a 2007 Chevy 2500 4x4 Duramax and have noticed some of my bushings and ball joint rubber sleeves, tie rod ends etc. have dry rotted and are no longer holding grease. None are worn out by any means but I’d rather just go ahead and replace all that needs it due to age. Where can I get factory OEM or something aftermarket comparable that’s reasonable. I won’t even consider buying one of the $150 Chinese junk rebuild kits off amazon.

Truck has 310,000 miles and has been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Been meticulously maintained and serviced. Hoping to get 1,000,000 miles out of it.

Rockauto.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      Rockauto.
      agree, and they have a good website layout, simple and easy to find things

Comment

X3 for Rock Auto. If I’m not in a bind for a part, I typically buy it from them.

Comment

Yes rock auto, can’t beat it

Comment

ROCKAUTO fan here too..!!!!!

Comment

Rockauto and Amazon

Comment

Rockauto if you have time to wait for the parts to arrive

Comment

Sounds like rock auto is the place to be. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                    Sounds like rock auto is the place to be. Thanks!

Yes it is!! If I can wait for my parts it’s rockauto.com every time. They seem to have the harder to find parts also.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Next question, should I buy the complete kit that includes upper and lower control arms or should I stick with the factory control arms and just knock out the old joints?

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                        Next question, should I buy the complete kit that includes upper and lower control arms or should I stick with the factory control arms and just knock out the old joints?
                        Spend the money for the complete kit. Trust me it's money well spent.

Comment

Buy the whole thing. You will need a ball joint press if you only replace them, don't forget the bushings, hard to get out and in sometimes. Also trac bar links if yours has them.

Comment

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

I believe this kit comes with the needed bushings. I’ve got one boot that’s ripped on a CV. Tempted to tackle that as well.

Comment

Good thing about Rockauto is you usually get a good selection from different makers to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                              X