Scope problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope problem

Heading to the blind this morning I notice the scope bases are both loose where they attach to barrel/receiver! Guess I’m a photographer today lol

How would that suddenly happen? I sighted the gun in last week just fine. Riding in truck bed inside hard case?

How do I fix?? Loc tite? A gunsmith installed these a few years ago. It’s a .257wby

What a morning
    Last edited by Saltaholic; 11-23-2019, 07:19 AM.

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
    Heading to the blind this morning I notice the scope bases are both loose where they attach to barrel/receiver! Guess I’m a photographer today lol

How would that suddenly happen? I sighted the gun in last week just fine. Riding in truck bed inside hard case?

How do I fix?? Loc tite? A gunsmith installed these a few years ago. It’s a .257wby

What a morning
    What a morning is right!

Mines not started out good either.
    Days still young and Jesus is Lord.

I hope you take some great pictures and or video today!

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

That's okay when they come out hit um with your size 18 shoe.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Blue loctite or fingernail polish

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post

What a morning
          Just saw the last paragraph.
          My buddy used 1 drop of blue LocTite on all my bolts when he installed my scope

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Blue loctite or fingernail polish
            and torque them evenly Rings 20 inch lbs, bases 60 inch lbs

Comment

Blue loctite or fingernail polish as said above. Also, proper torque is important. I have purchased several used rifles that had the screws sheared off into the action. Probably from people over torquing them.

Comment

Working...
              X