Moments after a missed shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moments after a missed shot

I just missed my target buck. Choked! Not sure what happened all I can think of is I shot high. Choked!! The moments right after missing a shot like that really suck. I have played it over and over and I rushed it and shot high. It’s not the end of the world but being at the bottom right after such excitement is such a kick in the stomach and a mind screwing! That’s the PG version of how I feel right now. Disappointed in myself is an understatement!!����*♂️

I have been there

Comment

Been there.... sucks, think about what went wrong and use it as a learning experience.

Comment

Not always choked if you missed high. Whitetail deer can duck a long way before that arrow gets to them.

Comment

Sorry bud It’s happens sometimes, clean miss is better than a bad hit. Maybe he will be back sometime this year.

Comment

Been there! A missed shot is better than a bad shot. At least you have a clean chance at redemption and not a wounded animal. Good luck!

Comment

Could've been worse for you. Hopefully you'll get another crack at it. Good luck.

Comment

Heck you were hunting, blessed and you know it was a miss. Rewind and start again. Have fun....

Comment

Clean Miss is better than clipping him. He will come
                  Back good luck

Comment

Man, I know your pain...missed a buck low about 45 minutes ago. Rushed the shot and misjudged the yardage. Clean miss is waaay better than a bad hit any day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there, done that. It’s definitely one of the most humbling feelings ever. Bowhunting has a way of doing that. About 6 years ago I grazed one of the biggest axis bucks I’ve ever seen. I had an easy broadside 20 yards shot on him, and shot just under him. All I found was a little bit of hair, no blood. Talk about disappointment.

Comment

I have been bow hunting since 1980ish. I have taken many many deer with a bow yet I swear I can invent new ways to screw up a shot since I have already used up all the common ones. Hang in there.

Comment

Thanks everyone! After the shot he jumped twice, in and out of the feed pen then walked slow to the edge of the field. Then stepped out and stood and looked back my way for 30 sec then trotted off towards my downwind side of the field out of sight. I could clearly see he wasn’t hit that I could tell. Now grazed I wouldn’t know. Heard my arrow hit the panel on the other side of him and now I can’t find it. And really dont want to tromp all around there looking for it spreading my scent all over. Just Incase he decides to come back this afternoon. I don’t expect him to but this is the only feeder of mine he hits.

Comment

He will return. Most deer think it was a bird buzzing them...……...keep at it!

Comment

Been there done that. At least you still have hunting fever.

Comment

Working...
                              X