No announcement yet.

2013 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks good up there! Got plenty of rain over the last month. we got there on Saturday the Kiamichi and the muddy boggy River were both above flood stage. We worked for three days and got 2 food plots in and two feeders up so we are headed in the right direction.

I had some better pics but I deleted the wrong card I will post some more in 3 weeks when we go back and hopefully some pictures of some green food plots.

Comment

Glad to see
      Some bucks. I'm itching to get up to
      My place. My trip last weekend got cancelled bc of the rain. Just picked up a pair of tree stands I need to hang. And a new to me camper that needs to get hauled up.

Comment

Well. Today I heard some bad news. The timber company is going to sweep the place out from under us for some one who has offered three
        Times what we are paying. I'm sick to my stomach. Along with all
        Our gear, we now
        Also have six guys looking for a new lease. I hate it but I can't do
        Anything about it. If anyone know of any openings I would be very grateful to hear about it. I'm a bow hunter and so are the guys I've been hunting with.

Comment

PSE Madman:
          This reminds me of East Texas. I hate the dang timber companies. Sorry to hear that. I have a buddy in Guthrie who may have some land he knows of that will be for deer. Don't know if you are interested, but shoot me a PM if so, and I can get some info together for you.

I have been looking for a place for me and the family, and really just a place to go to hang out with a good group of people. Nothing fancy. Most seems to be out of my price range. I have access around Stillwater, but they are just hunts that I can do in the morning or evening and just head home. I miss heading to the lease with the family in tow and staying for a week. Soon enough I guess.

Comment

I've also been interested in bear hunting in the SE, but I was told that unless I was willing to bait very often or know someone in the area who can bait that I would be wasting my time.

Comment

PSE, I am very sorry to hear the bad news. I hope that you and your guys can find a good lease before the season starts. I'll keep my ears open for you and let you know if I hear of anything.

Comment

PSE< I may have a couple of leads in Pittsburg County if you are interested. Sorry to hear>

Comment

I'm open to any leads you guys can throw my way. We have a very good group of guys that have treated this place like our own.

Comment

Pete peterman! When are you going to take me up to see your place?!?! Those deer aren't real, they've gotta be decoys. Deer dont like you. It's why you ain't got no friends.

Comment

PSE, How many do you have in your group? Will be heading up next weekend and will get the details then.

Comment

Glad to see a 2013 thread. I thoroughly enjoyed last years.

I will be hunting on our 1,000 acre ranch in Daisy once again this year. (Atoka co.)

We have been getting a ton of rain! We have a 45 acre lake/pond on our place. We got so much rain a couple weeks ago our **** busted out and we lost all that water into McGee creek! It has been crazy wet!

We planted our summer plots 6 weeks ago. Planted 2 large 20 acre destination feeding areas w/ Milo and cow peas (MBS spring mix) I have been crazy busy getting married this summer so I have not been back up north. Good news is this afternoon I will be making a trip to check on the progress of our plots, I will post up some picks.

Have not got the cameras out yet, usually do that mid July. Sorry to hear about the guys losing their leases. Its seems like around us people from Dallas are buying up the large ranches and making them trophy outfits. The 8,000 acre ranch that borders out eastern boundary sold last month.

We had a good year last year with alot of nice 140-150 class 4-6 years olds. We only ended up killing one. Can't wait to see what our herd will look like come July.

Here's the buck my dad killed dec 28 from 50 yds last season.

"Corkscrew" aged at 7.5. 139.5
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371559620.616835.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	24211313

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371559657.565838.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	24211314

Comment

how is the turkey hunting in Push?

Comment

Darton, we have six members on our 1300 acres lease. We can go larger or smaller *(acres or people). I don't see us being very picky at the moment.

q-all, sorry to hear about that lake. I bet that was a surprise.

Comment

Went and checked on our summer plots yesterday. The milo is not doing that great but the cow peas look awesome!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371646837.867602.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	24211530

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371646860.715697.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	24211531

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371646876.332396.jpg
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	24211532

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
                                Darton, we have six members on our 1300 acres lease. We can go larger or smaller *(acres or people). I don't see us being very picky at the moment.

q-all, sorry to hear about that lake. I bet that was a surprise.
                                Pse, sounds good! I am on it and will get back with you!

Comment

Working...
                                X