Coons solar panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coons solar panel

On one of my all seasons feeders stand and fill the coins have chewed up the conduit and wiring to the solar panel. I am going to repair. Does anyone have a good coon proof fix for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the wires in a steel conduit.

Comment

get some 1/8 black iron pipe and fittings. like what you would use on a gas line. its actually bullet proof. mine took a hit last year shooting hogs at night and it just scratched it.

Comment

3/8" Steel tubing and fittings will do it.

Comment

Might try running the flex conduit on the solar panel in a 1/2 inch commercial flex conduit with screw in connector on the timer box and one butted up against solar panel, and fill that end with silicone and add a piece of bailing wire wrapped around solar panel. Make sure wire is secured to feeder with a couple of clamps. I did this with my feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
            Might try running the flex conduit on the solar panel in a 1/2 inch commercial flex conduit with screw in connector on the timer box and one butted up against solar panel, and fill that end with silicone and add a piece of bailing wire wrapped around solar panel. Make sure wire is secured to feeder with a couple of clamps. I did this with my feeders.
            /\/\ This--

Comment

Mount the panel on the side of the feeder. Run the wires inside the barrel. Bring them out by the hardware that holds your spinner/ motor on. A screen door spring works good for a protective cover for the wire.

Comment

We have used fuel line on ours to run the solar panel wire into the feeder box.

Comment

My brother used to pack his lunch in a yeti cooler in the back of his truck working the night shift. He almost got in a fight with his co workers because his lunch was stolen every night. One night he hid and watched his truck with binoculars and found coons were stealing his lunch! There’s really nothing they can’t get into if they really want it.

Comment

Working...
                  X