No announcement yet.

Hook Stuck in Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line trick works a lot better. Glad your ok.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      check this video out on facebook

helping out on striper charters back in my teens, i learned this trick. very little blood and virtually painless..

tie string to hook at skin level, have hooked person push eye down towards skin, go on 2. trick is having someone that will yank hard enough

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

I’ve had this trick performed on me with a she dog under my jawbone. Didn’t bleed at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
        Daaang!!! On a side note, we have the same wedding ring. Just glad I don’t have hooks hanging out of my fingers too!

I was holding onto a kayak in the surf with the other hand. Luckily I had dykes in the truck strong enough to cut the barn and pull back thru

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          People pay for that now..

You could attach her to the bed and she couldn’t go anywhere ...

Comment

I got a 1/4ounce jig to my cheek by a buddys son while sight casting redfish. Not sure how to load the pic

Comment

Taking a carp off my sons line rod had a heavy bend and then it he hook came out. Went to the bone and back out of my finger. Stayed and fished for another hour and tried to pull it out myself but it was hung in the liner material of the bone. Had to go to the emergency room. Shot to deaden it hurt more than the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                Taking a carp off my sons line rod had a heavy bend and then it he hook came out. Went to the bone and back out of my finger. Stayed and fished for another hour and tried to pull it out myself but it was hung in the liner material of the bone. Had to go to the emergency room. Shot to deaden it hurt more than the hook.

dang that sounds terrible!

Comment

Yep, just this morning. A customer of mine buried a 4/0 kahle hook in my big toe. Kind of a freak deal. I had just landed a redfish and unhooked it. I laid my rod down on the deck and was measuring the fish on the top of my fish box right behind the front deck. Dude fishing on the front deck goes to cast and hooks my rod. When he went to cast he threw my rod that he hooked out of the boat and in the water, jerked my hook into my big toe and did it with enough force that it snapped the 30# mono leader. I didn't see it unfold, I was concentrating on measuring my fish and putting it in the fish box. I just felt a stabbing jolt to my foot, looked down and there was a hook buried to the hilt in the side of my big toe. I had pliers laying there, I just quickly grabbed the hook, popped it HARD and ripped it out. I threw the pliers, said some bad words, retrieved my rod and went back to fishing.

Comment

Circle hook planted deep in the thumb, had to have it cut out and stitched up. Circle hooks suck in the flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                      Yep, just this morning. A customer of mine buried a 4/0 kahle hook in my big toe. Kind of a freak deal. I had just landed a redfish and unhooked it. I laid my rod down on the deck and was measuring the fish on the top of my fish box right behind the front deck. Dude fishing on the front deck goes to cast and hooks my rod. When he went to cast he threw my rod that he hooked out of the boat and in the water, jerked my hook into my big toe and did it with enough force that it snapped the 30# mono leader. I didn't see it unfold, I was concentrating on measuring my fish and putting it in the fish box. I just felt a stabbing jolt to my foot, looked down and there was a hook buried to the hilt in the side of my big toe. I had pliers laying there, I just quickly grabbed the hook, popped it HARD and ripped it out. I threw the pliers, said some bad words, retrieved my rod and went back to fishing.
                      sounds like an eventful morning for guide lol

Comment

My buddy’s girlfriend was throwing a rattle trap and he bent over to grab something.... wham! She buried both trebles in his ear. Almost yanked his head off. I did the honors, had to force the hooks through cartilage and clip him. I can still hear the noise it made as I pushed them through

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                        Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Had another buddy throwing a crainkbait and pulls in a 5lb bass. Picks it up, drops it, second treble buries in his thumb, with flopping bass on other end. My other bud and I were laughing our butt’s off. Him, not so much. He can laugh about it now

Comment

When I was 12, I used ride my bike to go fish. I would ride with rod pointed behind me. I was going down my driveway and my Mom gets out of car. I ride by and get yanked off my bike. My Mom is cussing me out (she never cussed). My River Runt hooked her through the ear. Like a pierced ear. I had to cut it out, lol. Not fun. Still have that River Runt, minus one hook on a treble

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
                              Circle hook planted deep in the thumb, had to have it cut out and stitched up. Circle hooks suck in the flesh.

ouch

Comment

Originally posted by gunfighterx1 View Post
                                sounds like an eventful morning for guide lol
                                That was just the beginning. Then I had a redfish flip as I was unhooking it and I lost my grip on it. Caught me with the little sharp plate on the outside of it's gill and cut the heck out of my thumb. That was maybe a minute after I pulled the hook out of my toe. Just sliced the heck out of it. So I just fished and bled.

When we got back in to the dock and were cleaning fish I blew out my dang flip flop. My favorite flip flops. You just don't know what a bad day it is when your favorite flip flops give up the ghost. We had history man. A whole summer of fishing. Now I gotta break in a whole new pair.

Then on our way back to the harbor after dropping our guys off and cleaning their fish we passed by a public boat ramp. We were idling by way out in the middle of the river in a no wake zone. There were 3 boats of us one behind the other idling by. Some mouth breather on the bank starts yelling at the guy in front of me and launches a double drop rig with his surf rod which he can cast all the way across the river. He threw it at the boat in front of me, but went over the first boat and it went under my boat and I wrapped his braid up in my prop. So we had to cut all that mess out. The mouth breather took off before I could return his leader to him.

At least we caught fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X