Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling a vehicle. Remove plates or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a vehicle. Remove plates or not?

Question for the wise ones of the GS. Selling a vehicle remove plates or not? I recently have sold a truck and apparently the individual (not on the gs) I have sold it to still hasnt transfered the title since the registration was current and doesn't expire until September of 2016 and I am getting their tooltag bills. If i ever sell another vehicle I am thinking of taking the plates off. Is that a good idea? What say the GS brotherhood?

Yes. For the very reason your asking. I went through the samething

Comment

Yes, I have sold trailers also pull the plates everytime.

Comment

Yes..take the plates off

Comment

You DO NOT need to remove the plates unless they are personalized. Fill this out online and the monkey is off your back.

Notification of Sale of Vehicle

Comment

Pull the plates and txtag

Comment

I tild myself to do it but thought this guy had his stuff together. Apparently I was wrong. And NTTA doesn't care about the bill of sale and everything I have produced. I even notified the state that I no longer have said PU. I can see this is going to be a pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                Pull the plates and txtag
                Yep

Traded a vehicle to a dealer and took tag and plate off. Take no chances

Comment

I would not ever sell a vehicle or boat without going down and making sure that the vehicle or boat has been taken out of my name. Lots of people buy boats or vehicles to resale and want to skip the taxes.
                  Now with Texas Parks and Wildlife, it is a violation to not report the sell of your boat to another. There is a online form to fill out to help you do so.

Just passing on some helpful information.
                  Bob

Comment

I thought there was a form you are supposed to have the buyer sign that you can file with the state. Probably the same as that online form posted by Sharpstix.
                    D

Comment

Originally posted by SharpStix View Post
                      You DO NOT need to remove the plates unless they are personalized. Fill this out online and the monkey is off your back.

Notification of Sale of Vehicle

Comment

If it was mine you would get the vehicle without any plates.

Comment

Take the plates off.

Comment

Take em. The state even now RECOMMENDS it!

Comment

I had a dealer try to tell me I had to leave the plates on until the car went to auction and the auction house would destroy them. I said yeah right and took them anyway, they still took the trade. I pull the sticker too, criminals use them if they are still good. Looks legit from a distance

Comment

Working...
                              X