Devils River trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devils River trip

We are planning a Devils River trip. I’m looking for recommendations on a good shuttle service. And also wonder which length trip to take.

From my very limited research you don't have much of a choice on shuttle services....and it's pretty dang expensive. But maybe that's changed so feel free to correct me if you know any better. Seems like there was only one outfit now.

Enjoy a piece of West Texas while paddling the Devils River. Book a trip with Amistad Expeditions today.

Last edited by quarterback; 01-06-2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      From my very limited research you don't have much of a choice on shuttle services....and it's pretty dang expensive. But maybe that's changed so feel free to correct me if you know any better. Seems like there was only one outfit now.

Enjoy a piece of West Texas while paddling the Devils River. Book a trip with Amistad Expeditions today.

https://www.adventureonoutdoors.com/...iver-trip-plan
      Thanks I’ll check them out some. Bump

Comment

I used Reel Fly a few years ago to shuttle us.

Guadalupe river fly fishing guides and full service fly shop. Just minutes from the Guadalupe river, we offer guided fly fishing throughout the Texas hill country including the San Marcos river, Llano river, and Canyon Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
          I used Reel Fly a few years ago to shuttle us.

https://www.reelfly.com/
          Thank you but I’m looking for a shuttle service or someone with land there to shuttle our own kayaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailerman3 View Post
            Thank you but I’m looking for a shuttle service or someone with land there to shuttle our own kayaks.
            They shuttled us, our own kayaks and gear...dropped us off at Devils River SNA and picked us up at Big Satan with a few cold beers waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
              They shuttled us, our own kayaks and gear...dropped us off at Devils River SNA and picked us up at Big Satan with a few cold beers waiting...
              Ok sorry I didn’t see anything on their site about shuttles I’ll check them out again thanks.

Comment

Never got to float with his outfit( i hunted with him) But Darren Carr owner of Amistad Expeditions is a great guy to deal with. We talked about setting up a float when i was there with him but have not had the chance yet. If he takes care of shuttle customers like he does hunters you should have no worries

Comment

Amistad Expeditions is who I used a few years ago. We left our truck at there ranch and loaded up in there vehicle.
                  Dropped off at Bakers crossing and floated to Big Satan where he picked us up at.
                  We had to get permits from the state and had to verify camping spots every night.
                  Pm me more if needed.

Comment

Have it booked for 6 of us. I got my TPWD permits and deposit done with Amistad Expeditions. Just have to get a couple months out of the way. And get all of or gear ready.

Comment

Cool, sounds like a good time

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                        Cool, sounds like a good time
                        I hope it’s as fun as it looks.

Comment

Make sure to do a recap on here afterward. Always thought it would be a cool trip.

Comment

Can’t wait to hear about it.

Comment

Is Big Satan open? A buddy told me the road to it had washed out so they'd have to ferry you from Amistad to take out. Or put in at Baker and take out earlier at Devil's River SP.

I have not verified this so take it with a grain of salt. I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything similar.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X