Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-03-2021, 09:08 PM   #1
Mtltx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country
Default Branson Missouri

Anyone been to Branson in the last year? We are looking at going next spring break and was curious how many restrictions there might be. Weíve never been and looking for some opinions. Thanks!
Mtltx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2021, 09:29 PM   #2
lilavidhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs

I went back in the mid 90’s before kids. It was the most boring vacation I have ever had. I’m sure it’s grown a lot, but back then, it was all Blue Haired Folks that were in their Hotel locked down at 8. I’m Blue Haired now, so I understand. Good Luck and I’m sure you will get some positive responses.
lilavidhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #3
jlinville
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co.

I was there during Thanksgiving.
It wasn't as crowded as it's been previous years. Most shows were open, just at limited capacity.

A few of our favorite things to do are;
The Presley's Country Jubilee
Dixie Stampede (even though they changed the; name to Dolly's Stampede)
Silver dollar city
Dogwood Canyon (make reservations for the tram)
Check out the hatchery below Table Rock Dam
Eat at College of the Ozarks (Keeter Center) and tour their campus
Fritz's Adventures for the adventurous kids
Dic#'s 5 and 10
Downtown Branson

Want to
Zip line tours
World of Wonders Wildlife museum up in Springfield

So much to do up there...
jlinville is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #4
Antlers86
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack and Henderson Counties

Tagged. Going for the first time next month.
Antlers86 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2021, 10:01 PM   #5
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Itís been over 25 years since Iíve been, and itíll be longer than that before I go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2021, 10:20 PM   #6
pure lefty
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon County and wherever

Check out Big Cedar Lodge and golf course. Even if you don’t play golf, they have one of the best steaks i’ve Ever eaten. The view of table rock lake from the bar/ restaraunt is phenomenal. Check out the view of the lake from inside of the chapel, you will feel it when you see the position of the Cross. They also have underground caverns that you can go to, ride a golf cart, stop at underground bar. It’s 10.00 just to get in but redeemable on purchase. Friend of mine used to live there. It’s located on Hollister about 10 miles south of Branson. I’m going back in May for steak and brown trout, in that order.
pure lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2021, 10:31 PM   #7
Pstraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Front yard or back yard

We will be there next month. Our film that the wife wrote the screenplay for is in the finals at the film festival. We're going to take in a play on a Wednesday before the festival starts Thursday through Saturday.
Pstraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #8
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: nowhere close to home

Hungry Hunter had a great breakfast! Don't order the big CF and expect to be able to drive back to Texas afterwards!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 03:16 PM   #9
Buckslayertx
Six Point

Hunt In: Looking for a spot
Default New here from Texas

I just moved to Ozark just N of Branson last year in July. Almost everything is open. So many things to do. Catch and keep trout season just opened. Turkey is in April. Not to mention the shows and attractions. Bass Pro in Springfield where I work is Awesome. Feel free to ping me later and I will answer anything I can for ya. Don't miss the fireants. heat of summer, or hogs at my feeder. I can say that.
Buckslayertx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #10
jlinville
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co.

Lambert's - Home of the Throw'd Rolls!
jlinville is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 05:10 PM   #11
TBeau25
Spike

Hunt In: Anywhere I Can

I live close to Branson, most things are open for business. However, if you are a none mask wearer (like my family) your options will be limited, A lot of mask enforcers even without a state mandate.
TBeau25 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 08:14 PM   #12
Mtltx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

I forgot to mention I will have my wife and 7yr and 4 yr old with me. Assuming there are plenty of kid things to do.

I will plan on checking out big cedar lodge as mentioned. Thanks for the replies. Keep em coming!
Mtltx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 10:29 PM   #13
coachk
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Clay Co

Sight and Sound is EXCELLENT and we really enjoyed the Baldknobbers show...only thing we didn't really care for was the Shanghai acrobats

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
coachk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 11:00 PM   #14
tkuehn5410
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Crosby, Dickens

Loved the Sight and Sound theatre as well! We saw Samson and my kid talked smack to the actor portraying the philistine king. He smirked and then did his job. Was way better than expected.....
bass pro museum is a must...and get the dogwood canyon add on and go fishing there! Cheaper than a guide and great fishing if you use common sense....just fish after first bridge and you can start with jigs or spinners but if they don't work, just bring power bait and a barbless hook. If you cant get bites or you are kicked off just past first bridge then move to the main pond thats blue to the left and use whatever gear you like.

My kids love fishing and fly fishing for about 15 minutes, maybe 30...then they want to at least catch fish.
tkuehn5410 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 07:32 AM   #15
BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD
Ten Point

Hunt In: Have bow will travel

Went there with friends for new years eve, only did one show due to the ice storm that was coming through that area the next day. I guess it was all right, not my cup of tea, to commercialized for my taste, but the restrictions were about the same there at that time as they are now here in Texas.
BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 08:25 AM   #16
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Assuming its a family vacation, how old are your kids? The tourist part of Branson is no bueno for me and mine now but when my kids were young they thoroughly enjoyed Silver Dollar City (we bought season passes for 10+ years, it's pretty cool there at Christmas, very Christian focused and not ashamed of it but most of the big rides can't operate if its below freezing).

You could not pay me to go to a show on the strip in Branson, just not my deal. Table Rock lake is by far my favorite lake in the country, I'm 100% salt at heart but if I have to waste time on a lake I pick Table Rock. We have spent a ton of time in Kimberling City over the years but there are very few good restaurants so we usually cook at the house. There is a good grocery store called Harter House in Kimberling City (that also sells liquor ). Great fishing in the area that I can help with if that's what you're going after but the actual town of Branson is kind of a family joke at my house, full of "Bald Knobbers" ,
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top