Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects

Old 02-20-2021, 09:31 PM   #1
GIL HUNTS
Eight Point

Hunt In: Looking for a lease. Hunted Gillespie county for over 40 years. The search begins...
Default cargo trailer/camper conversion

Looking for ideas to convert a 7x14 cargo trailer into a camper trailer (mainly a bunk house/sleeping quarters). It has been equipped with electric plugs and lights and plumbed with a hot water heater and sink.
The trailer was a concession trailer in it's previous life. It has window cut outs on either side, but no actual glass windows (which I plan to add), bat wing style doors at the rear and a side entry door on the right hand side.
I've had some thoughts of adding a window unit air conditioner/heater (powered by a generator), spray foam insulation, foldable bunk beds, outdoor kitchen( from the rear doors).
I've searched several DIY ideas on the green screen and have found some interesting ideas, but seeing if y'all have any ideas I may be missing.
GIL HUNTS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 08:54 PM   #2
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

There’s a few old threads you might try to search for. I plan on doing one or buy one that’s already built out. I like the idea of a mini toy hauler
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 09:00 PM   #3
Jason
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches/Rusk County

There are a number of videos on YouTube of folks that have done this. I saw recently a feller that used an indoor A/C and vented it through the floor with a dryer vent.

I also know of one TBH'er that built a really nice one and built a false wall in front of the drop down ramp to house a window unit.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2021, 09:24 PM   #4
Jefecinco
Six Point

Hunt In: Bell and Throckmorton County, NM and CO

I built one on 24 foot Wells Cargo. Got tired of mice and travel trailers disintegrating. Bunch of you tube videos. As well as a few on here. Main thing is insulating it. I did a toilet and shower. 12 volt water pump. Dorm fridge. Small electric water heater. Roof AC. Mine is all electric because we have electricity at the lease. Also. I have 110 lights and 12 volt lights in the event electricity is out. Really can go as wild or as simple as you want.
Jefecinco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top