Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #51
Double L
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Ed, Ed, Ed. Some things you just shouldn't tell.

Glad you weren't injured...that makes it funny as heck. I didn't know you were hunting around Mason. I go thru Mason on the way to my lease near London. Which direction is your lease from Mason?
Double L is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #52
doncom
Ten Point

Ed, looking good so far. A can or Green and and Can of Brown and you'll be ready for the season and you won't even need to paint the blind.

Glad you're ok.
doncom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #53
Ricky T
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity Riverbottom

So many things about that story are scary. Especially the picture.
Ricky T is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #54
Archery1st
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, Tx / Lampasas County, Tx / Union County, NM

Ed glad your ok! Remember it's all about the Video! That little stunt would have earned an instant 10 grand! "If you've ever used an axe to dispose of a can of spray paint - you might be a redneck!"
Archery1st is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #55
Hot4huntin
Pope & Young

Thanks for the Monday morning laugh, Ed!!! Glad you were not injured.
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #56
thearrower
Ten Point

Hunt In: Irion County /Plus...

Ed.....I am just glad you were not hurt. I had the bottom come out of a sack with Spray Paint in it at Lowes 2 weeks ago. One can got a hole in it when it hit the pavement and the paint got black paint all over my shoes and my pants along with the parkinglot and other products I had purchased. I was lucky I was not close to other people or cars. It happened too quickly to react....So, I know something about the feeling you had when it hit you.

Really happy you were not hurt badly.
thearrower is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #57
Devin
Administrator

Thanks for giving us an example with which to teach our kids, Ed.

Quote:
Son, be careful with that spray paint. I knew this guy one time that.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #58
Legdog
Pope & Young

OH MY!

Darwin watch list!

Glad you are OK!
Legdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #59
Roscoe
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coryell, Hill, Kimble, Navarro Counties

That's hilarious! Thanks for makin my morning!

Reminds of the time I spraying Thompson's Water Seal on a new privacy fence and the wind shifted ...only your's has color! LOL

In case any one was wondering, freaking waterseal WORKS! I repelled water like a duck.
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #60
HUNTNETIME
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hebbronville, TX

You'd be absolutely camoflaged in a pop-up...glad you're okay...
HUNTNETIME is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #61
Javelin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Northern Polk County on the river, Houston County

Wow as not funny as that is, that is still hilarious. I am glad you were not injured other than getting paint in your face.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #62
TrickyOlGus
Eight Point

Ed,

I am glad you are ok. I always thought you used Grecian Formula to keep the gray out.

At what point in this ordeal did your wife lose it and start laughing?
TrickyOlGus is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #63
JHT
Pope & Young

Classic.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #64
Aggiebow88
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kansas, Arkansas

Ed,

We saw the Can's LDP of you, how about a LDP of the can?
Aggiebow88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #65
Lip
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever

I'm glad everyone got a laugh out of it. I posted it because 1) after the initial shock, it was obviously very funny, and 2 ) based on the posts of those that have done similar things, I thought some of you might learn from it, of course I realize that someone on this thread will do the same thing at some point in their life and as soon as they hear the bang, they'll remember this thread. 3) it's hard for anybody that finds out about it to threaten to share the story or the photo since I've already shared it with the world.

Just don't push it too far, remember, I'm the one that got thrown out of .... oh wait a minute, many have gotten thrown out of there under former management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspro View Post
Ed that should be your new avatar.
Great idea Jason. Maybe I can get snakelover to do his custom work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntriderant View Post
looks like your wearing those glasses with a mustach and a nose!
I looked back at the pic and you're right, now that's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntriderant View Post
your black hair covered your grey and it shaved off about 10 years made you look younger
Thanks for the compliment. If I ever get a complex about my age, I know what to do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfd82 View Post
He should be given infraction points if that isnt his avitar within the next 12 hours!!
Not to worry, the mods took care of that for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfd82 View Post
AND .... under his name they should replace "8 point" with "Picasso" or "Michelangelo" .
Now there's another good idea, unfortunately your suggestions for the name weren't "Picasso" or "Michelangelo" weren't taken. Obviously the mods had seen or heard about the paint jobs on my two new blinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS903 View Post
Hey - it could be worse! Hmmm, well...OK. Maybe not. I guess when you think about it, that's about as bad as it gets.
Yes, it could have been much worse. If I hadn't closed my eyes before the paint got to them, I'd have had more serious problems. I didn't get one spec of paint in my eyes, Head & Shoulders yes, but no paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Lesson in life learned !Bet you won't do it again !Just glad you're pride was the only thing that got hurt.
Definitely, but even though the pride was hurt a bit, I've obviously made the most out of the circumstances. Reminds me of a signature line I read somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Just for the record, Ed. The proper instrument for that particular type of destruction is a 2X4 with a nail drove through it, and the proper method is to swing the paint can at the sharp object.......thus the paint going away from the redneck.
Yea, what do you know? Who's the "Redneck" in this place? How many other guys do you know with that in their avatar? If I'd thought about the 2x4 and nail, I probably would have tried it but not the way you suggested.

However, I'm sure your post was the inspiration for one of our moderators.

Hard to believe I'm a bigger redneck than Dale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. death View Post
That's funny Ed....glad you weren't hurt. I agree that pic should be your new avatar.
Done deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
No use havin' a contest... Ed wins!!

Whoooooooahhhhhhh!

What did I win?

I will say you got some 'nads posting THIS much detail on here... That pic is sure to pop up somewhere else at just the right time.

But thanks for sharing!
Glad you're OK.
Next election, class reunion, retirement party, sanity hearing? What's more public than the net combined with an email to your friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
Will you use that one as your avatar?
Whether I want to or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
I am sorry Ed, but all I can say is I am glad you were not Seriously hurt. But,,,, ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Sounds like something Scott would do
That thought has already crossed my mind. (Sorry Scott).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
That picture will be a TBH legend at some point.........Can't figure out if you just got done working in a coal mine or joined Marilyn Manson on tour :-)...........Glad you are ok.......
Also could be a chimney sweep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Glad ur ok! I wore an eyepatch for about two weeks when I was a kid. Red paint at that
Very thankful I didn't have that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
Ed, Ed, Ed. Some things you just shouldn't tell.

Glad you weren't injured...that makes it funny as heck. I didn't know you were hunting around Mason. I go thru Mason on the way to my lease near London. Which direction is your lease from Mason?
I figured it would get out some where, some time, when I least expected it so might as well have fun writing it up and posting in myself.

I'm between Mason and Brady a couple miles past Katemcy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncom View Post
Ed, looking good so far. A can or Green and and Can of Brown and you'll be ready for the season and you won't even need to paint the blind.

Glad you're ok.
Don't need green and brown when hunting in a ground blind. Congrats on the Master Mason installation. Dad was a mason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archery1st View Post
Ed glad your ok! Remember it's all about the Video! That little stunt would have earned an instant 10 grand! "If you've ever used an axe to dispose of a can of spray paint - you might be a redneck!"
Think if I did a re-enactment they would buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrower View Post
Ed.....I am just glad you were not hurt. I had the bottom come out of a sack with Spray Paint in it at Lowes 2 weeks ago. One can got a hole in it when it hit the pavement and the paint got black paint all over my shoes and my pants along with the parkinglot and other products I had purchased. I was lucky I was not close to other people or cars. It happened too quickly to react....So, I know something about the feeling you had when it hit you.

Really happy you were not hurt badly.
I just don't think there's any comparison. Your's had to be much more embarrassing in the parking lot. At least I had time to think about what happened before everyone else knew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin View Post
Thanks for giving us an example with which to teach our kids, Ed.

I always try to be a good role model. In this case I was a good role model of what not to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
You'd be absolutely camoflaged in a pop-up...glad you're okay...
Darn, somebody finally figured out what I was really doing. Now that I know how to get it off, I'm considering marketing it as "Face Paint for Blacked Out Blinds"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyOlGus View Post
Ed,

I am glad you are ok. I always thought you used Grecian Formula to keep the gray out.

At what point in this ordeal did your wife lose it and start laughing?
You haven't seen me in a while if you haven't seen my gray hair. Sandy was sorta walking on egg shells until she found out I was ok and wasn't upset. Then she asked, "where's the camera? I've got to get a picture of this!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
Ed,

We saw the Can's LDP of you, how about a LDP of the can?
I need to go find it. Sandy threw it away before I got cleaned up and I haven't located it yet.

Ed
Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #66
Jaspro
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
I'm glad everyone got a laugh out of it. I posted it because 1) after the initial shock, it was obviously very funny, and 2 ) based on the posts of those that have done similar things, I thought some of you might learn from it, of course I realize that someone on this thread will do the same thing at some point in their life and as soon as they hear the bang, they'll remember this thread. 3) it's hard for anybody that finds out about it to threaten to share the story or the photo since I've already shared it with the world.

Just don't push it too far, remember, I'm the one that got thrown out of .... oh wait a minute, many have gotten thrown out of there under former management.

Great idea Jason. Maybe I can get snakelover to do his custom work on it.

I looked back at the pic and you're right, now that's funny.

Thanks for the compliment. If I ever get a complex about my age, I know what to do about it.

Not to worry, the mods took care of that for me

Now there's another good idea, unfortunately your suggestions for the name weren't "Picasso" or "Michelangelo" weren't taken. Obviously the mods had seen or heard about the paint jobs on my two new blinds.

Yes, it could have been much worse. If I hadn't closed my eyes before the paint got to them, I'd have had more serious problems. I didn't get one spec of paint in my eyes, Head & Shoulders yes, but no paint.

Definitely, but even though the pride was hurt a bit, I've obviously made the most out of the circumstances. Reminds me of a signature line I read somewhere.

Yea, what do you know? Who's the "Redneck" in this place? How many other guys do you know with that in their avatar? If I'd thought about the 2x4 and nail, I probably would have tried it but not the way you suggested.

Done deal.

Next election, class reunion, retirement party, sanity hearing? What's more public than the net combined with an email to your friends?

Whether I want to or not!

That thought has already crossed my mind. (Sorry Scott).

Also could be a chimney sweep.

Very thankful I didn't have that issue.

I figured it would get out some where, some time, when I least expected it so might as well have fun writing it up and posting in myself.

I'm between Mason and Brady a couple miles past Katemcy.

Don't need green and brown when hunting in a ground blind. Congrats on the Master Mason installation. Dad was a mason.

Think if I did a re-enactment they would buy it?

I just don't think there's any comparison. Your's had to be much more embarrassing in the parking lot. At least I had time to think about what happened before everyone else knew

I always try to be a good role model. In this case I was a good role model of what not to do.

Darn, somebody finally figured out what I was really doing. Now that I know how to get it off, I'm considering marketing it as "Face Paint for Blacked Out Blinds"

You haven't seen me in a while if you haven't seen my gray hair. Sandy was sorta walking on egg shells until she found out I was ok and wasn't upset. Then she asked, "where's the camera? I've got to get a picture of this!".

I need to go find it. Sandy threw it away before I got cleaned up and I haven't located it yet.

Ed
I thought Oscar went to Africa?
Jaspro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #67
quarterback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

I will laugh for a long time at your expense. That is just funny, no matter how you coat it. thanks for posting this up for us.
quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #68
Eric4x4
Ten Point

Hunt In: Louise, Texas / SE Kansas/SE Oklahoma

Glad you weren't hurt but it is pretty funny.
Eric4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #69
Lip
Ten Point

Here's the LDP's of the can!

Name:  IMG_0141.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  120.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0140.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  43.7 KB
Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #70
Spineshot
Eight Point

Ed, sorry to laugh at your expense.....but thats pretty dang funny right there. My prefered method of expending pressurized aerosol cans is with a .22 rifle, or at least a BB gun. Thanks again for the laugh....
Spineshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #71
Roscoe
Pope & Young

Quote:
Here's the LDP's of the can!
Can't help but notice how little paint there is on the ground!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #72
Lip
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Can't help but notice how little paint there is on the ground!
and it was an almost full can of paint!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #73
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:

Ed
Let's not get carried away now.

Yer a good sport Ed, thanks for the laughs.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #74
Full curl
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harper,Texas

Thanks for the laugh. Glad your ok.
Full curl is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #75
chrisgunguy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panhandle

Fantastic. Thanks for the laugh.
chrisgunguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #76
Chris
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason/Williamson Cnty.

Next time put a foot on top of the can and poke the bottom of the can
with a pick!All the paint will spray out the hole in the bottm and keep you
clean!That is what we did with all the defective cans when I used to set grades!We couldn't leave any cans with any paint in 'em on a job or the kids near by would paint every piece of equipment they could!

Thanks for the laugh!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #77
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterback View Post
I will laugh for a long time at your expense. That is just funny, no matter how you coat it. thanks for posting this up for us.
Now, that's a funny pun, right there!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #78
ByronB
Ten Point

Thats funny. I am glad the stuff did not hurt your eyes. That could have been bad.
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #79
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

LMAO....that picture is greatness.

Looks like Lip gave Chew some "lip" during interrogation........
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 PM   #80
JGreen31
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina and LaSalle Counties

Ed, Glad all turned out okay, defintely could have been a grim story. Speaking of stories, you're write-up painted perfect picture of what not to do.

Can I use this material in our EH&S meeting next week along with your written summary of events?
JGreen31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #81
Lip
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGreen31 View Post
Ed, Glad all turned out okay, defintely could have been a grim story. Speaking of stories, you're write-up painted perfect picture of what not to do.

Can I use this material in our EH&S meeting next week along with your written summary of events?

No problem. That's why I posted it. So others could learn from it.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #82
GARY
Administrator

Hunt In: Lavaca, Alberta and where ever Aironeout takes me!

Ed

I just saw this after seeing your profile pic on other threads and wondering who that was!

First, I am glad you are okay. Second that's funny as hell!!

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

GARY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #83
kfd82
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Backyard

Just one more comment Ed then I'll leave this alone.

Did the warnings on the can say not to hit it with an ax? If not you may have a lawsuit!
After all they put warnings on hair dryers about not using them in the shower, and on car sun shades about not using them while driving!
Contact a lawyer ASAP.

"Your honor, I never would have hit it with an ax if only there had been a warning on the label"
kfd82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #84
Br'er_Henry
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico

I'm sorry but that's just hilarious!!
Glad you are ok...

We burned an used spray can when last deer season ended... but 100 feet away! It did pop a cool blast and threw a big flame to the air!
Br'er_Henry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #85
Cotton
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brown County

Come on Ed fess up...

Name:  p16303b.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  16.3 KB

Glad you're OK!
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #86
aironeout
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen,and DeWitt Co.

Thanks for the nightly laugh Ed. Glad you were not seriously injured.

This is like an ESPN instant classic.

"Sandy, hold my beer and watch this."
aironeout is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #87
Lip
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
Come on Ed fess up...

Attachment 47223

Glad you're OK!
Ok, I'll admit it. I'm getting a bald spot, unfortunately I sprayed the wrong side of my head to try to cover it up
Old 07-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #88
Olympic Recurve
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX

Ed, glad to hear you are ok! It takes big stones to post something like this
Olympic Recurve is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2008, 10:51 PM   #89
Rchr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Wow, sorry but I hadn't seen this and it is funny. But If I had a picture of myself when I was 12 years old I would tie with you. I was painting something with a can of blue paint when I grabbed it and shook it and the lid was not on.... long story short I was covered from my head, face, eyes and shoulders. I had to go to the emergency room because I got some of it in my eyes. My family called me the blue boy for a couple of days.

No one knew how to get the paint off of me and I couldn't wash outside because it was in the winter and it was cold. After a while my mom said she would try Lard. Yes, lard worked awesome, specially since I had to get it from around my eyes.

Lip for future reference get you some lard ready.

Rchr
Rchr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #90
keep
Pope & Young

I just have revisit this every once in a while
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #91
JTRichardson
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas, in your stand when you aint there :)

hahahahaha im glad this came ttt so i could enjoy it
JTRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #92
GarGuy
Pope & Young

That story was kinda funny...Then I saw the pic! BAWHAWHAWHAW!!!!! knee slap BAWHAWHAWHAW
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #93
Lip
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep View Post
You called me and I couldn't answer, I called you and you couldn't answer, it's your turn.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #94
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Jim, thanks for bringing this thread back from the archives. I think about the picture every once in a while when Lip posts. I cannot look at that picture without busting out laughing!!! Sorry, Ed, but it IS funny!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #95
Lip
Ten Point

If I couldn't laugh about it, I wouldn't have posted it. I just wish I would have taken a pic before working on my face.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #96
keep
Pope & Young

Quote:
You called me and I couldn't answer, I called you and you couldn't answer, it's your turn.
Just wanted to talk bear hunting. Nothing important just had time between clients.
keep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #97
rut n buck
Ten Point

Hunt In: around waco,wortham bend n pancake

Field tip@ 30 yds
rut n buck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #98
Roscoe
Pope & Young

I chuckled over these pics for years. One of the best threads ever on here!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #99
dgh
Ten Point

Hunt In: Madison And Walker County

Now that's funny right there
dgh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #100
Lip
Ten Point

Quote:
Just wanted to talk bear hunting. Nothing important just had time between clients.
That's what I figured and why I called back. Unfortunately I was in a meeting and couldn't answer. Work is busy and we have a huge week long event the week of May 13th so by the 18th, I'm going to be ready to kill something.