Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
warrington
Ten Point

Hunt In: Abilene
Default Land for sale -post here first

I wonder why more people don’t post land for sale here in our classifieds before they hire a realtor. And seems like All land that is for sale has a link to a realtor.
warrington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

I have some for sale in North Louisiana.

anyone?

anyone?

that's why....the geographic exposure is like throwing a dart in the dark.

A realtor puts it out in the places and to the people that are looking.

Now, I'll tell you that I did buy 5 acres in Colorado off of the classifieds here, so it worked that time
Atfulldraw is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
elliscountyhog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WG Outdoors on Facebook

42 acres on Trinity River bottom with a progressive easment (not deeded) in Ellis county south of Dallas. Approximate 150ft of river frontage. All flood plain. BIG deer and hogs. $80K. Must have ATV/UTV to access it. ***Not mine but would be involved in sell***
elliscountyhog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #4
twosixteens
Ten Point

Hunt In: Young County Mostly

Ain’t no deer in Ellis county
twosixteens is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #5
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliscountyhog View Post
42 acres on Trinity River bottom with a progressive easment (not deeded) in Ellis county south of Dallas. Approximate 150ft of river frontage. All flood plain. BIG deer and hogs. $80K. Must have ATV/UTV to access it. ***Not mine but would be involved in sell***
Progressive easement?? You might provide a source/link as to where potential buyers might research what hat means...
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #6
elliscountyhog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Progressive easement?? You might provide a source/link as to where potential buyers might research what hat means...
Wish I knew what it meant . All I know is there is access to the place but no by way of a "deeded easment". It would have to be a cash buyer as you can not get a loan from land banks without a "deeded easment" so I was told it was a progressive easment. Again I am not trying to sell it but I know who is if anyone was interested. Its not listed.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliscountyhog View Post
That ship has selled.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #8
asu-indian
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas

I've got small waterfront tracts for sale on Lake Fork. Also a small hunting tract for sale in Wood county 30ac. Also 5ac. on Lake Fork with a large fishing lodge.
asu-indian is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #9
Biggs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Dakota

We are looking for 20-100 acres of mostly wooded land to build on in Bell county, or 30 minutes from Temple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #10
jds247
Eight Point

Hunt In: Jasper county newton county and sabine county

Mines already with a realtor didnt think about posting it first because I didn't want to deal with showing it... 199 acres in newton county..
jds247 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 08:20 PM   #11
BoscoPico
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post

anyone?

anyone?

Now, I'll tell you that I did buy 5 acres in Colorado off of the classifieds here, so it worked that time
Where is it located in North Louisiana?
BoscoPico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #12
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hmmm. This could be kinda convenient.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #13
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

As far as easements in Texas, from my families experience there are three types. Deeded, Implied and assigned easements by the courts. No parcial of land in Texas can be landlocked. Every landowner has free ingress/out gress meaning no gates. My family spent thousands to defend access and this was what the Judge ruled. We were at the end of the road with a undeeded easement. When we told "the family" ( mom inherited the ranch) we didn't want to lease the land to them for grazing they tried to lock us out.

Last edited by BrandonA; 01-10-2019 at 08:50 PM.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #14
Huntindad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W

i am still looking for around 10 acres to retire on from burnet to bandera. came close a couple times...but someone was faster than me. I am not in a big hurry, looking for the right place.
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #15
Lazyman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hamilton

Have 10 acres just outside Macomb Missouri....Search my name for other thread for pics and more info
Lazyman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #16
topduarte
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
As far as easements in Texas, from my families experience there are three types. Deeded, Implied and assigned easements by the courts. No parcial of land in Texas can be landlocked. Every landowner has free ingress/out gress meaning no gates. My family spent thousands to defend access and this was what the Judge ruled. We were at the end of the road with a undeeded easement. When we told "the family" ( mom inherited the ranch) we didn't want to lease the land to them for grazing they tried to lock us out.
On top of that, utilities must be provided across lot lines if there are water and wastewater nearby.
topduarte is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 09:44 PM   #17
dpg481
Ten Point

Hunt In: cass/hunt county

3 acres in Caddo Mills/Hunt county with 2000 sf brick home, shop, large camper port, fenced in, very nice home. Not yet on the market, but it will be soon. Also have two 1.5 acre home site lots for sale in the same area.
dpg481 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 12:08 AM   #18
peterp63
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
We are looking for 20-100 acres of mostly wooded land to build on in Bell county, or 30 minutes from Temple.

You moving back???
peterp63 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 12:30 AM   #19
tradslam
Eight Point

Hunt In: Co,Tx,Ne,Wy,Ok or where ever I draw a tag

I have a few lots on lake Eufaula in Oklahoma. Great fishing and boat in hunting. Adjoins public land.

Also have few acres in Colorado that comes with7 miles of private river and 7 private lakes/ponds. It also access points for hunting that are excellent for rifle hunting (migration type hunt) The land has a tiny house/shack on it w/ electric. Only read I’d sell is to buy a house up there! Love it and some of the best fishing you can get, plus close to grayling and salmon fishing if you get sick of nice rainbows.

The shoreline pic is Oklahoma
Attached Images

Last edited by tradslam; 01-11-2019 at 12:47 AM.
tradslam is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 04:35 AM   #20
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Hmmm. This could be kinda convenient.
What would be more convenient is if they broke the classified section up into parts. Like automotive, real estate, lease availability, hunting gear.... etc
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 05:00 AM   #21
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscoPico View Post
Where is it located in North Louisiana?
Dubach.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:39 AM   #22
Paycheck
Six Point

Will have a brick home 3/2 for sale in a few weeks. The house is in Waco.
Paycheck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 05:40 AM   #23
Paycheck
Six Point

Tradslam, Tell me more about Colorado land please.
Paycheck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 06:01 AM   #24
tradslam
Eight Point

Hunt In: Co,Tx,Ne,Wy,Ok or where ever I draw a tag

Shoot me a PM^^
tradslam is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #25
Spearchunker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Unit 7 KS, Fannin Co, Grayson Co

I have a improved leased lot on Fork with 5th wheel and new dock. Located in Paradise Cove in deeper water. Comes with golf cart too. 25k

Lot rent to 300 mo and paid thru 8/19.

Sean
Attached Images

Spearchunker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 AM   #26
Biggs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp63 View Post
You moving back???

We moved to Temple in May! No more frozen tundra.

Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #27
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Woodson

My place may hit the market soon. Compete turn-key place with furnished storage container cabin (3 queen beds, fridge, microwave, futon, 3 TVs, bathroom), hot water, electricity, storage containers, golf cart, trailer, stands including 5x9 Atascosa Blind, 2 Krivoman stand and fill directional feeders, 48" fire pit, smoker / grill, picnic table, 1500 water tank, tools, lawn movers, etc. Rural water can be brought to the property for about $8K. Just bring your clothes and hunt

80.854 in Far Western Young County (25 minutes West of Graham or 30 minutes north of Breckenridge) that is all huntable mature mesquite with scattered oaks. There is a 5 acre food plot that is produced two great results for me so the soil is great. Great tank that holds water. County road access with good fences. Tons of game (average around 30 different bucks on camera a year). It was not hunted in the previous 5 years and we have only taken 1 buck in two years on the place.

$320K for everything.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #28
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion co, Navarro Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
My place may hit the market soon. Compete turn-key place with furnished storage container cabin (3 queen beds, fridge, microwave, futon, 3 TVs, bathroom), hot water, electricity, storage containers, golf cart, trailer, stands including 5x9 Atascosa Blind, 2 Krivoman stand and fill directional feeders, 48" fire pit, smoker / grill, picnic table, 1500 water tank, tools, lawn movers, etc. Rural water can be brought to the property for about $8K. Just bring your clothes and hunt

80.854 in Far Western Young County (25 minutes West of Graham or 30 minutes north of Breckenridge) that is all huntable mature mesquite with scattered oaks. There is a 5 acre food plot that is produced two great results for me so the soil is great. Great tank that holds water. County road access with good fences. Tons of game (average around 30 different bucks on camera a year). It was not hunted in the previous 5 years and we have only taken 1 buck in two years on the place.

$320K for everything.
Surely your joking
KactusKiller is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #29
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Quote:

$320K for everything.

Did I miss something?

Where are you headed?
Old 01-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #30
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by KactusKiller View Post
Surely your joking
Quote:
Did I miss something?

Where are you headed?
Honestly owning land doesn't really fit into our lifestyle. I had friend of a friend interested in my place with all the work we have done, so it got the wheels turning that I may let it go. We are always on the go so the pressure to "use" the land weighs heavy on my mind. We want to do more international hunting / traveling. We are in Austin every other weekend for football in the Fall (plus out of town games).

I started a new job a few months ago and its going to take a ton of time / effort to build a territory from the ground up so I want to focus on that. I thought I would host more friends and clients out there as well, and with everyones schedules including our own we didn't use it like I thought we would. The idea behind the place has always been to improve and sale so its still part of that plan.

It was a ton of work to get it to this point and feel really good about the place I would be turning over to somebody and I learned a lot about the process. Its a great place and one day I probably will be kicking myself for selling it (if I do), but seems for this point in our life seems like the right play. It is not listed anywhere so I still have time to make sure this is the move I want to make.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #31
Heath
Pope & Young

Probably deserves its own thread but here’s a few pictures for anybody searching for land.

Name:  IMG_9155.jpg
Views: 2002
Size:  78.9 KB

Name:  IMG_8691.jpg
Views: 2012
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0643.jpg
Views: 2017
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6038.jpg
Views: 2004
Size:  62.8 KB

Name:  IMG_9173.jpg
Views: 1991
Size:  87.4 KB

Old 01-11-2019, 08:36 AM   #32
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Quote:
Honestly owning land doesn't really fit into our lifestyle. I had friend of a friend interested in my place with all the work we have done, so it got the wheels turning that I may let it go. We are always on the go so the pressure to "use" the land weighs heavy on my mind. We want to do more international hunting / traveling. We are in Austin every other weekend for football in the Fall (plus out of town games).

I started a new job a few months ago and its going to take a ton of time / effort to build a territory from the ground up so I want to focus on that. I thought I would host more friends and clients out there as well, and with everyones schedules including our own we didn't use it like I thought we would. The idea behind the place has always been to improve and sale so its still part of that plan.

It was a ton of work to get it to this point and feel really good about the place I would be turning over to somebody and I learned a lot about the process. Its a great place and one day I probably will be kicking myself for selling it (if I do), but seems for this point in our life seems like the right play. It is not listed anywhere so I still have time to make sure this is the move I want to make.
You should be really proud of what you've done with the place!

and....you can always buy another place and do the same thing later.

Meanwhile, we want to add more acreage to ours, or even buy a bigger place. so I suppose everything is temporary in a way.

Good luck with the sale (or not)
Old 01-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #33
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
You should be really proud of what you've done with the place!

and....you can always buy another place and do the same thing later.

Meanwhile, we want to add more acreage to ours, or even buy a bigger place. so I suppose everything is temporary in a way.

Good luck with the sale (or not)
I am very proud of the place and there has been a ton of work to take a piece of raw land and turn it into the place it is today. Like I said, somebody will be walking into a great property, but this was the plan going in.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #34
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Heath, I don't see where you said how much land this is. How many acres?
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 08:51 AM   #35
centex_aggie
Ten Point

Hunt In: Milam County

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Heath, I don't see where you said how much land this is. How many acres?
He said 80.854 in his first post.
centex_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #36
Radar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

I think this real estate thread is a good idea. I have been looking for a place along the Nueces or Guadalupe river for a while.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #37
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centex_aggie View Post
He said 80.854 in his first post.

Thanks
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #38
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion co, Navarro Co

Quote:

I can understand but thought y’all used it quite a bit. Good luck for whatever you decide. Would just hate for you to sell now that most of the work is done and not enjoy it.
KactusKiller is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #39
BCorn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leflore county -Honobia,OK

http://homeslandcountrypropertyforsa...ty-oklahoma-2/

20 acres for sale Atoka Oklahoma....65k
BCorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 10:11 AM   #40
neuman32
Four Point

https://www.landsoftexas.com/propert...-76458/6162265

47.93 acres for sale 7 miles north of Jacksboro
neuman32 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #41
txhunter1
Eight Point

https://www.landsoftexas.com/propert...-Texas/5481554

$499,900 475 acres turn key hunting ranch
Attached Images

txhunter1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #42
Geronimo2091
Four Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Kimble Counties

Great idea! I will be following this thread!
Geronimo2091 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #43
Kaicreekranch
Six Point

Hunt In: Atascosa County

Putting on market next week 240 acres high fenced in Atascosa county 5 miles from Jourdanton and 40 minutes from downtown San Antonio. We have killed several 200 plus B&C class bucks over last few years. Very thick tall bull mesquite trees with large bottom with oaks. 2 ponds with good duck hunting. Water water well 65gpm Andy city water to house and deer pens (5 pens totaling 6acres). Axis herd and few black buck. 7 1000 pound stand and fill protein feeders, 14 ton overhead grain bin, 2017 4010 trans mule, protein blower system, 25x30 metal closed in barn etc etc. $5500 per acre.
Kaicreekranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #44
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

great idea for a thread, hopefully it stays...

my neighbor has 68 acres in southern hunt county he wants to sell and i need some good neighbors. mostly hardwoods, creek running through it leading to lake tawakoni, 1200sqft building with living quarters, water, elec, septic. asking $500k.
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #45
Lawhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

anyone?

anyone?

How much and what parish?
Lawhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #46
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawhunter View Post
How much and what parish?
Lincoln Parish. I think it's about 15 acres....
Old 01-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #47
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

In!

Backwoods101 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 02:01 PM   #48
elliscountyhog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter1 View Post
https://www.landsoftexas.com/propert...-Texas/5481554

$499,900 475 acres turn key hunting ranch
Best deal I have seen in while on the market. Nice place
Old 01-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #49
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradslam View Post
I have a few lots on lake Eufaula in Oklahoma. Great fishing and boat in hunting. Adjoins public land.

Also have few acres in Colorado that comes with7 miles of private river and 7 private lakes/ponds. It also access points for hunting that are excellent for rifle hunting (migration type hunt) The land has a tiny house/shack on it w/ electric. Only read I’d sell is to buy a house up there! Love it and some of the best fishing you can get, plus close to grayling and salmon fishing if you get sick of nice rainbows.

The shoreline pic is Oklahoma
How many lots and price?
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #50
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ht=ben+wheeler

Still for sale! Not in a hurry to sell. May consider seller financing for the right buyer.

16 Acres in Ben Wheeler - Asking $80K.
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top