Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-11-2019, 10:58 AM   #51
txhunter90
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lindale

That does suck, but it is only a small fee. But, I understand the frustration. As I keep getting a red light ticket notification in the mail they think I am going to pay. Not knowing who was actually driving just ticketing me because I own the vehicle.
txhunter90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #52
chuckc.
Six Point

Hunt In: Mason

I may be mistaken because Iíve been retired for quite sometime, but Iím pretty sure the process for filling a complaint or dispute is outlined on the citation. In any event if itís not the process can all be done on the DPS website with little or no inconvenience to the citizens. If most of you knew how close DPS officers are scrutinized you would probably wonder why anyone would want the job.
chuckc. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #53
hopedale
Ten Point

Hunt In: WMAs

I'm so mad for you. I can't even type. Nor can I post what I first wrote.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #54
Guardian Reaper
Six Point

Contact his Sgt. You may have to have a one on one meeting with him about this, but it is the right way to get the ticket handled. If this is what you can show to him, the ticket should have never been written. Period. This is not "getting the trooper in trouble" it is correcting an incorrect approach to issuing a citation, based on a computer update. Back in "the day" it took a week or more for registrations to be entered. As a 30 year (now retired) trooper, I have seen all kinds of things happen. I have had people come in and we, as in the the Sgt., the violator and I sat down with the law book and verified why a citation or violation was found. Had it happen on warnings when people didn't understand something. I hope this works out because it does not seem like this citation was properly issued. The registration sticker also has the plate number as well.

There are usually two types of enforcement approaches. The way we were taught decades ago is "if you were unsure, don't write it". The other is "I am not sure,so I better write it". The latter philosophy is the one that always come back to bite you as an officer.

Last edited by Guardian Reaper; 01-11-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Guardian Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:42 AM   #55
Cazador
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Britches View Post
I think I would be calling the county attorney or the DA and talking to them about that. Surely they can have all charges dropped.

You said trooper - this was a Texas State Trooper or was it a local LEO? Most troopers are smarter than that.
TX DPS, Trooper. I might try a call to the DA just to see what they have to say.
Cazador is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #56
2B4Him
Ten Point

Hunt In: My dreams this year

Just to give another angle to the situation:
There are tons and tons of illegal inspection/registration stickers out there. They can be bought at lots of shady places. Because the new registration did not show up in the system, the trooper may well be following protocol to issue a citation with the understanding that if what the OP says is true it will be dismissed. The trooper would NOT know about some stupid 'dismissal fee'.
On the other hand, the clerk is ENTIRELY out of line in saying 'nothing could be done'. A public servant with access to the state's system could easily see when the registration was paid and when the ticket was issued. They could then backtrack with the appropriate agencies and have the ticket dismissed without some 'fee'. Too many public servants won't work outside the box because it inconveniences them.
2B4Him is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #57
Cazador
Ten Point

In the grand scheme of things it’s only $28, but it’s also $28 that I shouldn’t have to pay to begin with. As much as I would like to go to court over it I think it’s in my best interest to stop the bleeding and just pay it. To go to court will cost me more time and money, and it will cost all of us (tax payers) in the long run. I’m not usually a “letter writer” but I think I will send a letter to the trooper’s supervisor. Actually I think I should send it to the county clerk’s office where I renewed my registration, that may be where the problem started. At any rate, I think it will be less aggravation to just pay it and be done. And like kparker158 Said, focus on the positives!

I will check to see if there is a complaint procedure on the ticket too. If there is I'll follow that. I "appeared" before the date I was supposed to so the clerk said I had met that obligation, I just need to find out how much time I have to pay the fee. I would assume whether it's dismissed by the clerk or by appearing in court I'm still going to have to pay the fee and/or court costs.
Cazador is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #58
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I would talk to the DA first, then if nothing is done set up a trial date. I think there is cost requesting a jury trial, but the judge should be able to hear and dismiss.

Not likely for the judge to overturn the LEO but a jury will
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #59
bboswell
Pope & Young

Older truck, sticker date doesnít match date the driver date the driver said it was purchased on and no record of tag in the computer.

You reckon the officer suspected it was a black market sticker?
Old 01-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #60
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
In the grand scheme of things itís only $28, but itís also $28 that I shouldnít have to pay to begin with. As much as I would like to go to court over it I think itís in my best interest to stop the bleeding and just pay it. To go to court will cost me more time and money, and it will cost all of us (tax payers) in the long run. Iím not usually a ďletter writerĒ but I think I will send a letter to the trooperís supervisor. Actually I think I should send it to the county clerkís office where I renewed my registration, that may be where the problem started. At any rate, I think it will be less aggravation to just pay it and be done. And like kparker158 Said, focus on the positives!

I will check to see if there is a complaint procedure on the ticket too. If there is I'll follow that. I "appeared" before the date I was supposed to so the clerk said I had met that obligation, I just need to find out how much time I have to pay the fee. I would assume whether it's dismissed by the clerk or by appearing in court I'm still going to have to pay the fee and/or court costs.
Dangit what a waste of a slam dunk win. Trooper 1 Cazador 0

j/k sorry this happened to you.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #61
Tony Pic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NYS, Kerrville, Mountain Home and Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post
A money grab that's all it is, all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
That is right...all about revenue generation.
I would have my pair twisted also if this happened to me
Next step... I would contact my state senator and see what they could do.
Was always told to pick and choose your fights. I would fight this one.
Its not the money...it is the principle.
Tony Pic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 01:22 PM   #62
jer_james
Pope & Young

I had a similar issue, but admittedly it was about $175 worth of nonsense. I went before the judge, he scheduled me to come back when the Prosecutor was there. I met with the Prosecutor, and she dropped everything with no charges or fees.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #63
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Older truck, sticker date doesnít match date the driver date the driver said it was purchased on and no record of tag in the computer.

You reckon the officer suspected it was a black market sticker?
So he might have suspected that the OP was committing the crime of Tampering with Government Record that could lead to up a year in jail and a $4,000 fineÖ buttttt, he let the guy have a pass on the forged document?

What a guy....
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #64
coldgas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hemphill Co

Had this happen back in the mid 90's with my insurance card. The officer was apparently in a bad mood and told me I made up and typed out my own insurance card then wrote me a ticket for no insurance. Said I could prove it to the judge if I didn't like it. I cussed him out and he wrote a tickets for expired DL, inspection, and registration. All were current. All he did was make it a PIA for me to have to take off work and take all of my paperwork to court. I worked night shift and he pulled me over while driving home from work because it was suspicious that I was out at 3am. Most cops are cool but there are certainly some dbags out there.
coldgas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #65
Cbb1722
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitBackShot View Post
Sucks, but good grief, "Go to court out of principle"?

I wouldn't spend time going to court if it was $100. Your time is worth more than $20. What exactly are those of you suggesting that thinking it's going to accomplish? Showing them you won't be pushed around? No one will know, remember, etc. and nothing will change.

Just chalk it up to garbage government and don't make a bad situation worse.
22 bucks is a lot of money for some folks. Iíd make em earn that 22 bucks as well. And theyíd more than likely have to come find me if they want my money that bad cause that ainít right
Cbb1722 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 02:09 PM   #66
BitBackShot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbb1722 View Post
22 bucks is a lot of money for some folks. Iíd make em earn that 22 bucks as well. And theyíd more than likely have to come find me if they want my money that bad cause that ainít right
Exactly what I'm talking about. You're going to take a marginally bad situation and make it exponentially worse.

They won't have to come find you. They'll just lock you out from renewing your drivers license and/or vehicle registration. Then you'll have to spend a bunch of your own time unwinding the mess and will probably end up paying some multiple of the $22 you originally owed.

You sure showed them!

I get it, it sucks. He's innocent. The government screwed it up. No one is arguing any of that. Have you ever heard the expression, "Pick your battles"? This isn't the hill you want to die protecting. Pay the $22 and go back to your life.
BitBackShot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #67
Cbb1722
Ten Point

Quote:
Exactly what I'm talking about. You're going to take a marginally bad situation and make it exponentially worse.

They won't have to come find you. They'll just lock you out from renewing your drivers license and/or vehicle registration. Then you'll have to spend a bunch of your own time unwinding the mess and will probably end up paying some multiple of the $22 you originally owed.

You sure showed them!

I get it, it sucks. He's innocent. The government screwed it up. No one is arguing any of that. Have you ever heard the expression, "Pick your battles"? This isn't the hill you want to die protecting. Pay the $22 and go back to your life.
And this is the mindset as to why government has gotten where it is now because people give in too much. Fight for your rights. If you know youíre in the right fight for it. It may cost more but for the principal of it Iíd fight it just to embarrass the trooper that wrote the ticket in the first place. Anyone with any common sense in a jury would agree to the circumstances and you prolly wonít have to pay the court a thing. Itís not the fact youíre showing someone up. Itís the fact that they need to make things right and that there is still citizens out there that ainít gonna take that kinda bs. Theyíre few and far between nowadays
Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #68
BitBackShot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbb1722 View Post
And this is the mindset as to why government has gotten where it is now because people give in too much. Fight for your rights. If you know you’re in the right fight for it. It may cost more but for the principal of it I’d fight it just to embarrass the trooper that wrote the ticket in the first place. Anyone with any common sense in a jury would agree to the circumstances and you prolly won’t have to pay the court a thing. It’s not the fact you’re showing someone up. It’s the fact that they need to make things right and that there is still citizens out there that ain’t gonna take that kinda bs. They’re few and far between nowadays
Nonsense. You're not going to change a thing and you're going to waste your own time and money accomplishing nothing. You're absolutely "going to take that bs" and you're probably going to take it a lot more than you would have originally.

Again, pick your battles.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #69
Leverhunter
Six Point

Quote:
Sucks, but good grief, "Go to court out of principle"?

I wouldn't spend time going to court if it was $100. Your time is worth more than $20. What exactly are those of you suggesting that thinking it's going to accomplish? Showing them you won't be pushed around? No one will know, remember, etc. and nothing will change.

Just chalk it up to garbage government and don't make a bad situation worse.
Yes go to court for this ! I would not pay a penny when I had the receipt showing I renewed the day before.

Had a similar situation in Houston. Wife got a parking ticket in the mail from Houston. Only problem she had never been to Houston. Checked the photo and the license plate in the picture did not match the one on wifs'e car. Thought a simple phone call would fix it. Not a chance, they told me we can see the error but can't fix it with phone call. You either need to pay or come to the court house in person. 10 days later I had a business trip to Houston and went to the court house. Had it fixed and told them they were crooks.
Leverhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #70
Cbb1722
Ten Point

Quote:
Nonsense. You're not going to change a thing and you're going to waste your own time and money accomplishing nothing. You're absolutely "going to take that bs" and you're probably going to take it a lot more than you would have originally.

Iíd pick that battle. Agree to disagree and to each their own. And no youíre not ďabsolutely going to take that bsĒ. As I said it may cost more but the court ainít gonna see that 28 bucks from the dismissal fees
Old 01-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #71
Leverhunter
Six Point

Quote:

And this is a fight you need to do. Most likely when you go to court the judge will "educate" the trooper about the error of his ways. If not, after repeated episodes like this the trooper's supervisor will probably get tired of him being off patrol for stupid stunts like this and will correct him. I was in a national guard unit with a young deputy like this. It eventually got him fired.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #72
BitBackShot
Ten Point

If you paid more and wasted your time, you took it. You may not realize you took it, but everyone else can tell you're walking funny.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #73
Cbb1722
Ten Point

Quote:
If you paid more and wasted your time, you took it. You may not realize you took it, but everyone else can tell you're walking funny.
Well Iím sure a heck gonna make em give it to me instead of being lazy and just letting them do it because god forbid someone give up 2 hours of their time to go sit in a court room for a right
Old 01-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #74
Leverhunter
Six Point

Quote:
With your willingness to accept it you must be walking real funny.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #75
BitBackShot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverhunter View Post
With your willingness to accept it you must be walking real funny.
"Grandpa, tell me about the brave man that wouldn't take any government nonsense and stood up for himself."

"Oh, that's a wonderful tale. This brave young Texan didn't want to pay an unjust $22 fine, and by George, he didn't! He wasn't about to let the government push him around."

"So he won and didn't pay the $22?"

"You bet. After 4 hours waiting in lines and sitting in government buildings and filling out forms and $200 in court costs, he got that $22 dismissed. After another $50 processing fee, of course."

"So he lost?"

"Oh yeah, big time."
Old 01-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #76
Cbb1722
Ten Point

Quote:
"Grandpa, tell me about the brave man that wouldn't take any government nonsense and stood up for himself."

"Oh, that's a wonderful tale. This brave young Texan didn't want to pay an unjust $22 fine, and by George, he didn't! He wasn't about to let the government push him around."

"So he won and didn't pay the $22?"

"You bet. After 4 hours waiting in lines and sitting in government buildings and filling out forms and $200 in court costs, he got that $22 dismissed. After another $50 processing fee, of course."

"So he lost?"

"Oh yeah, big time."
Still got the ticket dismissal fee taken away
Old 01-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #77
Leverhunter
Six Point

A lot of cost speculation. I would like to hear the judges response when you hand him the ticket and say I don't know why I got the ticket, I renewed the day before.

If I'm going to get a whoopin I don't deserve they are going to have to fight me for it. I'm not laying down and taking anything I don't deserve and if you just pay this that's what is happening. Sometimes the money is secondary to principal.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #78
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

$22 is a bargain. The podunk town I live in charged me $25 for a dismissal on no proof of insurance even though I eventually found my card a showed to to the cop. He stated that it was too late since he had already printed out the ticket. I was pulled over for no reason BTW. It was late at night. I had some choice words all ready to lay on him but instead I thanked him for his hen house service. I still had to pay the scam fee.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #79
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I guess some folks would just take it again and again year after year if it came to that.
It's only $30..
Maybe, go buy a seat at a ball game then find out you spent 100 for 25 dollar seats.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #80
Leverhunter
Six Point

Heck of a lesson for your kids. It doesn't have to be right if you have enough cash.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #81
BitBackShot
Ten Point

It's absolutely a valuable lesson to your kids.

"If it's going to cost you more than the benefit you'll receive, just move on down the road."

You're not standing up against slavery. You're not going off to fight a war against tyranny. You're wasting your own time trying not to pay a meaningless $20 you (rightly) think you don't owe. The only thing you're teaching your children is how to make a very mildly bad situation much worse.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #82
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside

Thatís a trooper for ya. Iíve stopped several people that showed to have expired registration in the system but they have the current sticker. I have verified that itís the correct sticker and then just send them on their way. Itís no violation.
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #83
Leverhunter
Six Point

Quote:

"If it's going to cost you more than the benefit you'll receive, just move on down the road."

You're not standing up against slavery. You're not going off to fight a war against tyranny. You're wasting your own time trying not to pay a meaningless $20 you (rightly) think you don't owe. The only thing you're teaching your children is how to make a very mildly bad situation much worse.
OK, with that logic if I file a claim in small claims court in Collin County, against you for $100 dollars are you going to drive up here and appear in court or just pay it ?
Old 01-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #84
BitBackShot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverhunter View Post
OK, with that logic if I file a claim in small claims court in Collin County, against you for $100 dollars are you going to drive up here and appear in court or just pay it ?
Nope, Iíd sue you for $10k for a frivolous suit.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #85
Leverhunter
Six Point

Quote:
Nope, Iíd sue you for $10k for a frivolous suit.
Yeah, ok. Your obviously the kind of person who values money more than doing the right thing. Explains why we have some of the problems in society we have today. Do as you please if you can pay someone off.

This is going no where. Have a nice day.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #86
BitBackShot
Ten Point

And here’s the difference:

When I won, you’d sure as **** learn your lesson.

Your scenario, you spend a whole lot of time and effort for $20 and absolutely zero changes.
And you’re probably out way more than $20. You probably spent more than that parking.

They’re not similar scenarios.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #87
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Hunt In: granger, victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedale View Post
I'm so mad for you. I can't even type. Nor can I post what I first wrote.
yep, at least i hope i did not hit send.

I would raise hell
Dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #88
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Good grief Walmart must have had a big sale on giant keyboards

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #89
tigerscowboy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Birds @ Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer @ TX, CO, MO, WY, & Alaska. Bass TX & MO.

Where and when do people draw a line that where decisions made their own life better or it shoved it back into somebody else and complicated their own?

Where and when?

I'll accept I'm a redneck as well as all of my family, but it's embarrassing to be associated with those that make the most asinine and uneducated choices in life.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-11-2019, 11:25 PM   #90
bboswell
Pope & Young

In the end, I completely agree that it should not cost you a dime to resolve.
But I completely understand why the officer issued the citation
Old 01-11-2019, 11:48 PM   #91
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:

Wow that's an absolutely aweful lesson. Thank God you have nothing to do with my kids.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #92
WRasco
Six Point

Hunt In: Online - Buy more gear than I Hunt...

I would be upset as well...
But then the most expensive ticket I ever had was an inspection sticker issue.
So I would pay the $28 and get on with my life.
WRasco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 12:05 AM   #93
BitBackShot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Wow that's an absolutely aweful lesson. Thank God you have nothing to do with my kids.
Youíd hate for them to have common sense or be able to spell ďawfulĒ. No question.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:09 AM   #94
Jon B
Six Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I would talk to the DA first, then if nothing is done set up a trial date. I think there is cost requesting a jury trial, but the judge should be able to hear and dismiss.
Its a Misdemeanor the person to speak with is the county attorney. I will say its pretty impossible to get someone on the phone in our county.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 12:42 AM   #95
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooverfb View Post
Systems for govt are horrible. I got a jury duty letter from ohio to my newly bought house in Texas... when I called they said oh you are still registered to vote. Told them I haven't lived there in 5years now, so if they have me as registered to vote theyve got bigger problems. Told me there's nothing they can do about it and hung up.
I guess now we know one of the ways Democrats can vote more than once.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 12:51 AM   #96
TacticalCowboy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Southern Taylor County, Tom Green County

Well.. that sucks.
TacticalCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 01:11 AM   #97
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.

I run into this same situation on a fairly regular basis.

First and foremost..... the officer/ trooper DOES NOT "Have to write you up." That's a crock of S@#$. Whether or not a citation is issued is solely at the discretion of the officer. There is no requirement to "...write you up." He also has the ability to give a warning, be it verbal or written.
HOWEVER, in this case, there was no warning to be given as you were in compliance with the law (at least with reference to your registration). You paid your registration as required by law and displayed your up to date registration as required by law. There is NO requirement to carry the receipt for your registration in your vehicle, so the sticker itself is proof that you paid your registration. Additionally, that sticker has your license plate on it as well as the last 6 digits of your VIN to indicate that the sticker displayed does in fact belong to that vehicle. You fulfilled your lawful obligation to the state by registering your vehicle. You have no control over the timeframe it takes for the state to update their system. It is not uncommon for it to take a day, maybe two for the system to show the update when the ticket is written. With your registration showing to be expired when he ran you plate, had probable cause to stop you for expired registration. However, once he discovered that you did have a current sticker displayed that belongs to that vehicle, his probable cause disappeared. To detain you any longer(as long as there was no other reasonable suspicion or probable cause) would be a violation of your civil rights. That citation is invalid, period. I'd be pizzed. The 1st person you need to get on the phone with is his supervisor. If that does you no good, go to his supervisor's supervisor. Also talk with the prosecutor. This is BS and should be dismissed quickly and with zero dollars out of your pocket as you did not violate the law as you've described the situation.

You, Sir, got boned. This kind of crap right here is the reason some folks hate the police. That officer was just being an Azzhole. You won't see me say that too often as I understand why and how officers operate and the reasons they do what they do. However, in this case, that officer was wrong and needs to be set straight. It could be a training issue. He could have been taught this way, but it's not likely. My guess is that he's a rookie and trying to impress his boss by putting up big production numbers.
Good luck on getting this straightened out. Keep us in the loop on how this turns out if you don't mind.

Last edited by Pullersboy; 01-12-2019 at 01:15 AM.
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-12-2019, 01:19 AM   #98
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post
A money grab that's all it is, all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Officers don't give a rat's azz about the mo ey. Doesn't benefit them in any way.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:21 AM   #99
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post
You still have the ticket?

It will have his name or number on it. Find out who his superior is and file a complaint. Might hit him in the pocket book when it comes time for a raise.

I am like others too, burn some of their time and make him look like an idiot in front of the court
This will not affect any raises, but could and should cause him to be educated and/or retrained.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:23 AM   #100
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by softpoint View Post
Guilty until proven innocent nowadays. And even if proven innocent, they still want money.
Not true, I assure you. But, it does appear that a mistake was made in this case.