Recommend Tarpon guide (Florida Keyes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Tarpon guide (Florida Keyes)

Anyone have any recommendations for a tarpon guide for late july early august?

Inshore/Fly Fishing?

Honson Lau is great. His business is called Purple Isle Fly Fishing. A lot of other great ones as well. Keep in mind the good ones will book up early . So jump on it ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Inshore/Fly Fishing?

Honson Lau is great. His business is called Purple Isle Fly Fishing. A lot of other great ones as well. Keep in mind the good ones will book up early . So jump on it ASAP.
      Looking for a really large one......offshore or inshore

Comment

I had an awesome day with Captain Dave Atkinson out of Islamorada.

Comment

Reel Easy Carter's in Key West. Best 4 hour trip ever. Caught everything we wanted to and both boats were landing tarpon at sunset. I may go back to Key West just to tarpon fish with them again...boat next to us landed a 69 incher. You don't have to go "offshore"...we caught them minutes from the dock
          Last edited by Anteloper; 12-09-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Capt. Barry Hoffman in Islamorada was great to fish with. Been doing it a long time down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We used Bamboo Charters last year. Several hookups but no catch for us. The snook bite was awesome. Tarpon are a tough fish to catch, but fun no doubt.

Fishing in the Florida Keys varies from a simple day of snapper fishing in a quiet Florida Bay channel with your wife and kids to a one-on-one brawl with a 150 lb. tarpon.

Comment

brian helms islamorada

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  Inshore/Fly Fishing?

I have never fished with him, but I have several friends that have and everyone I have ever talked to loves fishing with Honson Lau.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    I have never fished with him, but I have several friends that have and everyone I have ever talked to loves fishing with Honson Lau.
                    I had the pleasure of fishing with him this past summer. He's awesome and has no quit in him. He's going to do his best to get you to your goal.

Comment

Does it have to be late July or early August? The last few years the water has been very, very hot that time of year. Earlier is better. As mentioned, the deeper water in the harbor around Key West holds a lot of tarpon and they can be found in the deeper cuts leading from the Atlantic to the Gulf. Personally, though, the Marquesas is where it's at.

Comment

Following, planning on going in June.

Comment

No need for Florida, Captain Steve Barnes splits time between Texhoma and Port O’Connor in late August for Tarpon. Great guide!
                          Attached Files

Comment

July/August is awful late for tarpon in the Keys.

Comment

Working...
                            X