Our first duck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first duck!

I shot my first duck this past Saturday which allowed Hunter to retrieve his first duck! I can't describe how proud I am of him after months of training. Needless to say, I am mighty proud of him

Good for him!! umm...goggles? He wear contacts?!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
      Good for him!! umm...goggles? He wear contacts?!
      haha yeah we train with the rex specs during our sessions. I find it pretty practical. A buddy of mine's dog received a nice stick in the eye last year. After it healed, they started using the rex specs goggles too. They also protect his eyes from uv rays and debris. During the summer, I was lazy to grab them and during our training session, Hunter got some grains in his eyes from the tall grass field (not exactly sure what they're called) on a retrieve and I had a heck of time trying to get it out
      Last edited by Hunterlo70; 12-02-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Is the dog spec ops or something, what up with all the stuff on him?

What is it all? I can see a vest, a orange ball, a black tube, and goggles?

Comment

If my dog sees this thread, I'm gonna have to buy her a vest, boots and tactical helmet just to keep up.

Congrats on y'all's first duck. Hope y'all get many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
            Is the dog spec ops or something, what up with all the stuff on him?

What is it all? I can see a vest, a orange ball, a black tube, and goggles?
            Forgot to take off the orange light so I just left it on. When he runs out in the back at night, it's hard to spot him so I have it attached to his collar. It's the nite ize led spotlit so I can keep track of him since he is black. You can read as to why he has goggles in my previous post. I don't know what the black tube you are referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              If my dog sees this thread, I'm gonna have to buy her a vest, boots and tactical helmet just to keep up.

Congrats on y'all's first duck. Hope y'all get many more.
              haha thanks.. it's really just his vest and the rex specs that he has on.

Comment

oh boy

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  My owner made me wear this [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Comment

Gotta protect dem fur babies VET bill is too expensive..

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
                      Forgot to take off the orange light so I just left it on. When he runs out in the back at night, it's hard to spot him so I have it attached to his collar. It's the nite ize led spotlit so I can keep track of him since he is black. You can read as to why he has goggles in my previous post. I don't know what the black tube you are referring to.
                      The "black tube" hes talking about is part of the vest running down the back of the dog.

If I was hunting cranes my dog would for sure have the rex specs on. Congrats on the first retrieve.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                        My owner made me wear this [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]
                        Haha nice! It's all good guys. I rather be safe than pay a hefty vet bill. Thanks for taking the time to make a meme out of his photo

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
                          The "black tube" hes talking about is part of the vest running down the back of the dog.

If I was hunting cranes my dog would for sure have the rex specs on. Congrats on the first retrieve.
                          I see. That comes attached to the vest to help you lift them onto the boat or whatever.

Comment

I bet four tactical flippers could really move that sucker through the water if he needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does he constantly paw at the goggles to get them off or is he okay with wearing them?

Comment

Working...
                              X