Range Rovers? reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Rovers? reliability

I know the past models had several issues but was curious if the newer models have made this vehicle worth taking another look at. They sure are a smooth looking ride.
    Mom was looking at trading her burb for an upgraded suv type

You must learn more about Land Rover I order to realize, they will never ride nice.

Land Rover are historically full time 4WD. The road noise is insane.

I worked for Rover years back. Do a deal on a $80,000 Range Rover. Customers would constantly come back complaining something was wrong with the truck and how their Lexus SUV didn’t make that noise etc. Lots wanted to cancel the deal. I drove them as my demo. My Tahoe Z71 will run circles around the big boy Range Rover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My little sis has one... Not impressed at all. Electrical gremlins still seem to be an issue with them.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
        I know the past models had several issues but was curious if the newer models have made this vehicle worth taking another look at. They sure are a smooth looking ride.

Mom was looking at trading her burb for an upgraded suv type
        That Tesla SUV is a sweet ride....cleanest lines I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

yep - still the same overpriced hunk of junk they have always been. Nonstop issues with them. My brother is the service manager at one of the most successful Cadillac dealerships in the country and he said they get more complaints about Range Rover and Mercedes from customers than any other brands of vehicle. I will agree with you that they are nice looking vehicles though

Comment

Two of my family members have the souped up SVR's. They've had them a couple of years. One of them had electronic issues with a of the screen that had to be replaced. Other than that no issues, yet. I actually think theirs are fairly smooth riding and quiet for performance vehicles. There are lots of smoother riding SUVs out there, but these things scream and have the stiff suspension to go with it.

They are not comfortable at all for a long trip. Seats are VERY firm.

Comment

My wife and I drove Land Rovers (Range Rovers or LR4s) for about 12 years until recently. I think the reliability complaint is vastly overblown and comes from a lot of people who don’t own one. They are also expensive to maintain but they are a pretty expensive vehicle so that shouldn’t shock anybody. Range Rover has the best ride and is the quietest most comfortable vehicle I’ve been in. All that said, I prefer the Escalade (for space reasons) and my F-150 now to the LRs we owned.

Comment

I wouldn't own an RR. High priced vehicle, and stupid expensive to maintain. Much cheaper and more comfortable options out there.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                  I wouldn't own an RR. High priced vehicle, and stupid expensive to maintain. Much cheaper and more comfortable options out there.

Aside from being uglier’n homemade soap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just happened to be listening to Jerry Reynolds the Car Pro guy out of Dallas on the local Houston station 740 KTRH about a month ago and he was talking about the RR's and how he liked them when they were new and in fact drives one as a personal car, but would not buy one without the extended warranty because if you keep them very long, you'll need that warranty, and to buy the bumper to bumper version because they are very prone to mechanical issues from one end to the other... He also advised his caller to never buy a used one unless it came with that extended warranty that the seller had already paid for...

Comment

I've always heard that if you ever get one, lease it, so that they all liable for all the maintenance BS that will come up.

They are super nice vehicles though on the inside, my MIL drives one.

Comment

Bought one for my wife earlier this year. It spent about two months over three different times in the shop for warranty work. For all the reasons everyone has mentioned above (terrible service, continued issues, terrible ride) we dumped it and she drives the BMW X7 now and it is nice. BMW has great service (she had some technology issues right off but they did an update and its been great) and it drives like a sports car.

Comment

Hard Pass.

Comment

We have owned 3 Discoverys.

Like Christmas trees? Great if you do, the dash will light up like one after warranty and never stop.

Most expensive pos I've owned, next to 535I BMW.

Comment

I'm glad this thread came up. My fiance has been drooling over a Range Rover Sport for 2 years. I'll use this information to discourage her from getting one.

Comment

Working...
                              X