Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
    It's not high enough to be in the void

What void?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      What void?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      The mythical void that gets blames when people make a bad shot....basically.

There is a long held belief that there is a gap between the lungs and the spine. There is not. That is not how breathing works. People do not realize how low the spine is and shoot over it and blame it on the void. That is not the case in this scenario.

Comment

What void?
        You know, the one that doesn't exist in their anatomy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deer_chest_section_labeled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	24601035

Comment

zombie buck!

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
            You know, the one that doesn't exist in their anatomy.

[ATTACH]983485[/ATTACH]
            They do have lobes, maybe it slipped or just nicked that interface between the lobes.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              It's funny how folks don't understand how import a shaving sharp broadhead is.

Gary
              It's funny how people don't understand how pneumothorax works.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                It's funny how people don't understand how pneumothorax works.
                Exactly what I was thinking! After I looked up that crazy word. Still think it’s a Super Fluke!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                  Exactly what I was thinking! After I looked up that crazy word. Still think it’s a Super Fluke!
                  Something weird happened but it wasn't do to a dull broadhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                    I think this is possible. Check out these deer jumping the string. Look how far forward the shoulders go when the second deer drops. Good theory.
                    Deer Jumping The String- Bow Hunting - YouTube
                    She is clearly Shooting way high in that video..
                    The arrow is past the deer, over its back, before it ever gets close to the center of the projected circle.. She was shooting high by 10"-12". The bow was not the issue.. Shooting skills were the issue..

Comment

That looks high and forward to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                      This

Comment

So this buck I killed two years ago, he was a 7 year old buck. In the trail cam pictures you can see a white dot on either side of his body. After I killed him I inspected these areas to find a three blade broad head scar. The wound was old at least over a year old. Void?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                          So this buck I killed two years ago, he was a 7 year old buck. In the trail cam pictures you can see a white dot on either side of his body. After I killed him I inspected these areas to find a three blade broad head scar. The wound was old at least over a year old. Void?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Nothing in that area that will kill them.
                          Saw one several years ago with an arrow just below those scars with the arrow still in him and he was full speed chasing does

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                            Refer to the image I posted above. The previous shot on that buck was most likely above the spine, so primarily damaged backstrap and nothing vital.

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                              Refer to the image I posted above. The previous shot on that buck was most likely above the spine, so primarily damaged backstrap and nothing vital.
                              Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                                They do have lobes, maybe it slipped or just nicked that interface between the lobes.
                                Not likely. The lungs are in a vacuum chamber within the chest, so while there are lobes separating parts of each lung there's not really any space between them in the chest.

Comment

Working...
                                X