Pig hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig hunting!

The acorns in bosque county have made this season hard. So yesterday we moved stands around and put one into the thickets (1PM). I got in the blind around 3:30 and within 45 minutes I had hogs. About 5:30, had a spike show up but hogs kept him distanced from me. Were overpopulated by them so I'm sitting again today. My question is, what is the Best slop mix to make at home that I can use this evening?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Straight Corn works. Keeping it out trains them.
    If I was there everyday, I might try scented corn so they could smell it better and be attracted from further downwind.

Comment

If they're coming to plain corn, they'll come to plain corn. The same if they're coming in to the acorns. You could stop by somewhere and get some pig out, buck jam, hog wild, or any of the other attractants on the market. Most of the slop attractants that I've used need to sour for several days.

Comment

I've used Kool aid or Jell-O on corn also.

Comment

Not sure if it necessarily drew them into my set, but I’ve had hogs hit a pile of mixed corn and “hog wild” before hitting a pile of plain corn ten feet away.

Comment

Working...
          X